Is this rhinoplasty possible?

Hi I'm 20 from the UK and I have wanted a nose job for a few years now.I have attached 2 photos that I edited I want to know if this look is possible with a rhinoplasty? I'm not sure if you can see but I have also pinched the bottom and the nostrils of the nose but can this be done? Can it look this natural? I also wondered if there is anything that can be done about my top lip? At both ends it droops and seems quite disproportionate to my bottom lip. Thank you

Low dorsum, wide nose

Generally speaking yes, your desires can be achieved. You seem to have realistic expectations about your rhinoplasty and have properly identified the "problem" areas. You have a low dorsum on profile view, which translates into widened appearance on front view. In addition, you have wide nasal bones which may require conservative lateral osteotomies for some narrowing. I suggest you see a rhinoplasty surgeon for consultation. Some surgeons perform computer imaging with suggested changes although this is meant to be a communication tool rather than an absolute guaranteed outcome. Best wishes!

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is This Rhinoplasty Result Possible?

Your expectatations are very realistic if you select a rhinoplasty specialist who routinely provides natural results. Your upper lip can be minimally augmented to provide better lip balance. Discuss the alternative fillers or fat that can be used when you have your consultation.

Is this rhinoplasty possible?

While the exact photo of the rhinoplasty may not be possible, it is achievable and come close to the photo you edited.  You need to find a rhinoplasty surgeon who performs a lot of rhinoplasty surgery.  As for your lips, they are very nice.  Your top lip could have a bit of filler...but that is all I would suggest.

I believe you can come close to those nasal photos with the right rhinoplasty surgeon.  Find a surgeon who does frequent rhinoplasties and ask to see photos of before and after.  I would recommend not doing anything to the lips until you have healed completely from the nose.  The lips are more tricky and visible scars would most like be required  to achieve the changes you are concerned about.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Rhinoplasty Possibilities

As Dr. Mayer stated, please leave your lips alone if you want to avoid looking stigmatic. At the outset, I do feel that the computer simulation is feasible, but a physical examination is required to confirm this.  In my view, a good Rhinoplasty looks natural. However, you will need an experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon to perform the procedure to achieve your goals and avoid a "plastic" look.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Realistic expectations from rhinoplasty.

Your expectations as shown by the photos are realistic. Your lips look fine leave them alone. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who produces natural looking noses in nosesis like yours.

Is this rhinoplasty possible?

The areas that concern you can be realistically improved with a natural appearing rhinoplasty. Whether you can achieve your desired result can only be determined at an in person examination and consultation.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on a limited two dimensional photo without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. If you live outside of the United States, the surgeon should ideally be a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).  You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla,California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Reasonable expectations of the rhinoplasty.

Without physical examination it's impossible to state precisely but it looks as though your aesthetic goals can be accomplished with a rhinoplasty.

Absolutely possible... but... will have real problems to find a suregon with skills to provide efficiently the following:
-tip plasties to correct your broad tip, my option is Ortiz-Monasterio domes tailoring, and eventually a Sheen shield-pentagonal graft on the tip >>> highly demanding step from a technical point of view, only for skilled top surgeons
-tip shortening >>> accessible to most rhinoplasty surgeons
-tip reduction >>> also accessible, medium difficulty
-dorsal narrowing WITHOUT bridge reduction >>> top difficulty step, for top surgeons; the normal method to narrow a bridge is with a "side effect" of bridge removal, when we remove the bridge and close it with the nasal in-fractures we, "accidentally" create always a narrow dorsum, which is nice always; what to do when there is no nasal bridge? if we reduce further the bridge we would obtain a catastrophic sunken bridge or saddle nose deformity, so this is not the option anymore... you need a paramedial or parasagital dorsal reduction without any dorsal deeping; how is is done? the dorsum or bridge is made of 2 parts: the cartilage and soft and the hard or osseous made of bone... the cartilagenous part needs the removal of 2 tiny para-septal triangles of dorsum between the upper lateral cruras (aka lateral cartilages) and the cartilaginous septum... and the bone upper part of the dorsum need the use of the precision Joseph's nasal saws to "eat" 1 to 2 mm of paraseptal dorsal bone of the dorsum between the nasal bones and the osseous septum; by means of this precision and delicate maneouver you obtain a thin dorsum like you have depicted in your photoshop wished pic

I am an GMC registered plastic surgeon with number 7357207 as well as registered in Spain, Madrid, where I do practice attending almost exlusively English speaking patients coming from the UK and USA, also other countries; I kindly invite you to a free of charge consultation online with me without any obligation; google about my reputation and this may show to you my experience in such cases, you'll also find easily our website of UK patients.

Anyhow do find the righ surgeon for your difficult nose, which I do solve routinarily in my practice.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Realistic expectations with the rhinoplasty procedure

The photographs do appear realistic  as long as you go to a experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to accomplish these goals. To narrow the bridge line  of the nose requires osteotomies. A tip rhinoplasty is required to narrow the tip cartilages. Cartilage grafting techniques are required to build up the bridge line profile. For many examples and more information, please see the link and the video below