Rhinoplasty reverse possible?

Is a Rhinoplasty reversible if the person is unhappy with the results? Could a doctor use fillers or other techniques to return the nose to it's original form? 

Rhinoplasty Reversal

Unfortunately, a rhinoplasty is a permanent change to the body.  Although revision rhinoplasty can change the appearance of the nose and improve it, it is not possible for the nose to return to its exact previous appearance even with surgery or fillers.   Choosing the right rhinoplasty surgeon can help patients more reliably meet their aesthetic goals.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty is a possibility

Like most cosmetic surgery procedures, a rhinoplasty is permanent and can’t be undone. You can, however, look into revision rhinoplasty if you’re unhappy with the results of a previously performed nose surgery. Definitely seek out a revision rhinoplasty specialist, as the revision procedure is more technically demanding than the original surgery. It’s also important to be realistic about your results, as the amount of bone and cartilage in the nose can limit the amount of revision that may be possible. I encourage you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for a physical evaluation to learn more about what your options are.

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty reversal

I typically counsel my patients to wait about a year before considering any additional surgery to their nose. The reason for this is that there is swelling that can take approximately a year to resolve and give what is close to a final result for the nose. I would use caution when considering fillers to the nose. While they can fill some defects in the nose to give the appearance of something permanent, they carry with them their own set of risks that should be thoroughly discussed with you prior to undergoing the injection. Make sure that you follow up with your rhinoplasty surgeon throughout this process so they can monitor your nose for changes and address any concerns you have along the way. Best of luck. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reversing a rhinoplasty

Thank you for asking about your rhinoplasty

• A rhinoplasty changes the bone and cartilage of the nose in ways that cannot be reversed.
  • But an unsatisfactory result can be improved - at times with a minor office revision, at times with a second rhinoplasty, at times with fillers or, if the issue is scar, with steroid injections.
  • The treatment depends on the problem which should be discussed in detail with your surgeon.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Rhinoplasty reverse possible?

I would go on consultations to help get your questions addressed. I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.