Breasts indent and wrinkling?

Had my breast implants removed a year ago after having them in 20 years. Had first set done at 18 but developed capsule constructure so 10 years later had them replaced and then had implants removed completley at 36. One year on the only problem I have noticed is when lying down my right breast which appears smaller than my left breast has a slight indent just below the nipple and my left breast appears wrinkled. This only happens when I lie flat which is why it confuses me

Implant removal

The skin and breast tissue were stretched out by the presence of the implant. The skin will behave differently when you are standing due to gravity.

Breast implant removal - are the indentations and wrinkling ok?

Thank you for asking about your breast implant removal.
  • I am sorry you had to have your implants removed but glad you are doing ok.
  • If you didn't have a breast lift when the implants were removed, you are seeing the effect of the implant over the years, stretching your skin.
  • If it troubles you, you can have a small vertical lift.
  • If not, then it does not signify a medical problem and can be left alone.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Implant removal and contour irregularities

Thank you for your question. It is very common to have Contour irregularities after removing breast implants due to scar contracture. This can be remedied by breaking up the scar and injecting some fat  and areas of rippling, Contour regularities and volume deficiency. Wish you all the luck.

Hello and thank you for your question. Without photographs and an examination it is hard to determine what may be happening with your implants. You may have a case of rippling of the implant. It would be helpful to know what type of implants were used. If this is rippling changing the position of the implant may help. Best WishesTheodore Nyame MD 

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Breast indent and wrinkling?

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your successful recovery.  It is difficult without an in-person examination or full series of photographs to offer definite advice but your right breast may have some subtle scar tissue tethering your nipple and areola tissue to your remaining breast tissue, while your left breast is likely wrinkly from having a bit more skin present relative to the volume of your breast tissue only evident while laying down as gravity pulls the tissue while standing causing stretching of the skin.  Hope this helps.