I need breast implants removed. Is there a way to get medicare/Humana and Blue Cross Blue Shield to pay?

Not likely

Typically the insurance companies pay only  for surgeries that are related to medically necessary conditions. 

Insurance

BCBS does not cover removal of implants since they were placed cosmetically. Medicare may cover removal of old ruptured gel implants. If you had breast implants for reconstruction after cancer surgery, insurance does cover removal.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast removal

It is doubtful that an insurance company will pay to remove implants when they were placed for a cosmetic reason.  I would call your insurance company to find out.    Good luck.

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

It is highly doubtful that insurance will cover this surgery.  You need to contact your insurance carrier for an explanation of your benefits.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD