Abdominal CoolSculpting and MRI. Any issues?

Hi Docs...had Abdominal Coolsculpting this Tuesday and just remembered I have an MRI scheduled for Sunday (tomorrow). 6 days after coolsculpting...also am taking Glisodin Skin Nutrints Diuretics 2 capsules twice daily...any issues with the MRI? I doubt it but thought I should check. Thank you!

MRI after CoolSculpting

I would not see any reason why you could not have an MRI anytime after a CoolSculpting treatment to the abdomen.  The CoolSculpting treatment should not affect the ability to perform the MRI or your results.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. There should be no issues, however, I would speak to your radiologist and your treating physician. Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

It depends on what you are getting the MRI for.

It depends on what you are getting the MRI for and if it is in the same area as the area that was Coolsculpted. It's best to call your board-certified physician who did the treatment to confirm, and to make sure you tell your radiologist.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Hi and thanks for your question. I don't know of any issues regarding MRI and coolsculpting but would check with your coolsculpting practice to make sure. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

You should be fine provided the MRI is not evaluating the soft tissue of the abdomen or abdominal wall..  If it is for another area then there should be no issue.

MRI and Coolsculpting

There is absolutely no interaction with the MRI or GliSODin products. I wouldn't worry. BTW, I like the GliSODin products and have been selling in the office for about 7 years, take them myself daily too.

Steven F. Weiner, MD