How long it takes till redness go away after beard transplant? (photo)

I had a beard transplant 3 weeks ago and now i am on the stage of hair falling down, and the redness in the transplant area became be obvious, and i am wondering how long it takes till the skin return normal. As per the uploaded pictures, is this redness is normal after 3 weeks from the operation?

Redness in beard transplant

The redness should slowly go away and be gone in one - two months. Some people get more red than others. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Everyone heals differently. If you feel your healing and redness is not normal you need to see your doctor as soon as possible

Everyone heals differently.  If you feel your healing and redness is not normal you need to see your doctor as soon as possible as it may be a sign of infection (which you cannot diagnose with photos).

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Redness after a beard transplantation

Redness and  spots will improve  in upcoming weeks. Keep in mind that  healing period of the skin may differ from patient to patient.In my practice I advice Topical Steroids to slow down such redness.
All the  best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Redness after Beard Transplant

The redness will go away. You live in a very sunny part of the world and need to stay out of the sun or use a sun blocker so the collagen healing under the skin is protected from the damaging rays from the sun. That applies for the next 11 months. See pictures of my beard transplant patients below.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Beard redness post transplant

The answer depends on your skin!  In some patients the redness resolves pretty quickly, within a few weeks.  Other patients have it last longer - several months.  In either case, it always resolves and if you are concerned it is lasting longer than expected, give your original surgeon a call.
Good luck!

Sara Wasserbauer, MD
Walnut Creek Hair Restoration Surgeon