I'm 19; I don't have a full beard. No hair on chin. Will minoxidil help me & will there be any side effects?

I want to grow beard wil minoxidil will help me with no side effects

Facial hair growth is a genetic trait. If you have very little facial hair there isn't much you can do to increase the growth

Facial hair growth is a genetic trait.  If you have very little facial hair there isn't much you can do to increase the growth

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Beard growth

You can ry minoxidil and see if it works for you.  Many young men want to accelerate their beard growth and ask about it. It takes age (genetic triggers which occur in family lines) so if you want to find out when your beard will grow out, you need to find out when your father or grandfather started to grow theirbeard. Hormones should have kicked in nicely by the time a man reaches 18 but he must wait out his genetics as hormone alone are not responsible for the onset of beard grown. Beard transplants can be done when the young man is a bit older (over 25) if the beard has not grown in yet

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon