30 yo, occasional smoker, middle eastern, hereditary dark circles & sinus issue. Considering having RF microneedling? (Photos)

My question how does this treatment compare to PRP? My understanding is that both work on increasing collagen and hence fixing wrinkles. Does one work better than the other? Does one treatment of Rf do the same as one Prp session? Looking at my pictures what would you recommend? Any other options?

Microneedling results

Thank you for asking about your microneedling.
  • Microneedling results truly are excellent and improve the skin-
  • Results improve with topical Vitamin C daily, topical tretinoin once a week and having at least 3 sessions done.
  • There is no evidence that I can find in the medical literature¬†that PRP improves results or that RF does -
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Both help

At our practice we use both RF microneedling and PRP.  When used together it is the Vampire Facial.  I think you get the best result when you combine both.  The microneedling will stimulate collagen and the PRP will make that process faster and more complete! Good luck.

Samer Muala, MD
Phoenix Family Physician