Any suggestions for Body lift scars hiding?
Doctor Answers 4
Body lift scars - still dark and discolored at 3 months
- Hard as it is to believe, scars can take a year - occasionally longer - to fade.
- It is best to wait another 3 months.
- Then a vascular laser treatment should fade the scars.
- Skin lightening creams tend not to work well on surgical scars -
- 100% shea or cocoa butter may be more helpful.
- If after a year, the scars are still poor - a tattoo can conceal them.
- A pigment laser may remove the brown color if it is still here.
- Microdermabrasion and chemical peels are unlikely to help.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Body lift scars
Sometimes you will not know what a final scar appearance really is until a year after surgery. Every surgeon and patient has different threshholds for scar revision. What we know is that tension at the time of closure and wound healing issues can lead to widened scars but everyone scars differently. Check with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can examine you and make specific recommendations. Good luck, MMT
You might also like...
Scar fading ASAP
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.