Why shape of Nipple looks Weird after Gynecomastia Surgery? Doctors bad experience? or it's normal? (Photo)

Sir, I had 1st liposuction surgery in July-14 for my left side gyno which didn't give any result and size grown more with puffy nipple! I informed my surgeon about that ineffective result so after 1 week of my post visit He said corrective surgery is required, so the 2nd surgery held after 6 months (last week), this time surgeon cut my nipple & removed so much gland (tumor) afterwards my nipple looks very weird. I am concern whether it can come in proper shape? or am I screwed, please guide. Tnx

Indentation Concern Following Gynocomastia Surgery

As you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. 

In the future, if you are still experiencing your crater concern, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.  They may possibly be able to address the issue with fat grafting or cosmetic fillers if you are a good fit.

Slight overresection of gland

happened at the left side, sorry for the bad news; however I would't label your problem as sever or deformating.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia surgery

You must wait for all the swelling to recede in order to see the (nearly) final result (minimum three -four

months).

Are you concerned about the scar(can't see that well) or a possible flattening/depression under the nipple?

The scar should get better over time; pigmented skin takes longer for the scar to fade.

If there is a flattening or depression, fat grafting can effectively treat this issue and recreate good symmetry.

Best of luck.

Andrew Kornstein, MD, FACS