How long after having a breast lift do you have to wait before getting implants?

Breast implants after breast lift

In my practice I will consider breast implants as early as 6 weeks after a mastopexy with ideal healing and resolution of swelling. 8-12 weeks is more typical but I see no benefit to waiting longer than 3 months unless there are healing problems or other unusual issues. I commonly do staged procedures in patients who need a major lift with very limited starting breast tissue if a large augmentation is desired. 8 weeks is about average before the augmentation stage.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you wait 3-6 months between procedures to allow your body adequate time to recover and heal.  Discuss with your surgeon. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Implants After a Breast Lift

Hello and thank you for your question.  This is a very common scenario, and although individual cases may vary, I usually recommend that you wait 6 months before undergoing breast augmentation with implants after a mastopexy or breast lift. This gives your nipples and nipple areolar complexes time to adjust to their different blood supply after undergoing the lift.  Good luck!

Ryan Marshall, DO
Missoula Plastic Surgeon

Lift after implants

Thanks for your question.  This will vary depending on your situation and surgeon's preferences.  In my practice, there are some patients that I delay between the lift and implant.  These are usually patients with very significant ptosis (sagging) like massive weight loss patients.   I typically recommend the patient wait 3-6 months between the surgeries.  This allows the swelling to subside and the breast to settle into its shape.  Good luck.  

Thank you for the question. In my practice, the second stage breast augmentation procedure schedule is individualized, based on how this healing process proceeds.  In other words, it is important that all incision lines and underlying tissues be well-healed. Usually, the breast augmentation procedure can be performed somewhere between 3 to 6 months after the initial breast lifting procedure. I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.