After hair transplant my hairs are rough. How much time It will take to go back to normal?

After hair transplant my hairs are growing rough kinky . Can you plz tell how much time hairs will take to come in normal shape ?? Is there any thing Avilable that can convert my rough hairs in smooth ??

If you have problems with your hair transplant results you should contact your doctor for a recheck or exam.

If you have problems with your hair transplant results you should contact your doctor for a recheck or exam.  What you describe is not common.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Kinky hair after a hair transplant

I have seen this problem in about 4 patients out of 15000 surgeries and in these 4 patients, the kinky hair stayed. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair texture change after hair transplant

It is not uncommon for the transplanted hair to be more coarse and curly following a hair transplant. This usually will work itself out over time. We see in our patients that it can take up to a year or more before the hair returns to "normal". In the meantime, you can dry your hair with a blow dryer while gently pulling with a hair brush, to straighten it and try other hair products to help with your styling options.

Dow Stough, MD
Hot Springs National Park Dermatologic Surgeon