Tenderness above donor area after a FUT Hair Transplant? This is day 22 after the HT and I am still using neck pillow to sleep

I had a FUT (strip) HT from Turkey with 3100 grafts. Staples were removed on Day 10 and the strip area is healing nicely with no real pain. Transplanted area is also pain free. But I have quite a lot of numbness & tenderness above the strip area going all the way to lower crown. If I touch this area it feels tender. I expected numbness but the tenderness is not going away. I asked my transplant surgeon but he has no idea (I live in a different country). Is this normal or should I be worried?

Problem with strip wound

I would always tell such patients to go back to their doctor and get an examination to make sure that there is no infection or cut nerves causing your symptoms

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Tenderness following FUT Hair transplant

It is very difficult to explain this thing without seeing you in person and not having done the surgery however, a local examination by another hair transplant surgeon in your area can help you to rule out any reason for the same like localised infection, etc.

Kapil Dua, MBBS, MS
India Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you have issues after your surgery, it is best to follow up with your doctor for a recheck. It is hard to diagnosis or tell

If you have issues after your surgery, it is best to follow up with your doctor for a recheck.  It is hard to diagnosis or tell what is going on without an examination.  It is even harder without knowing the exact course of your surgery (which your doctor only knows).

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon