Seeking a permanent solution for a back part/cowlick/exposed scalp on crown area? (Photos)

I am posting in regards to a very prominent part on my crown area. It appears to be a cowlick or perhaps more than one cowlick. I have tried virtually every form of remedy including SMP. I have also had consultations with a handful of hair transplant surgeons. So far, I have been told that my situation cannot be changed or that I would need multiple transplant sessions. If anyone here has any feedback…please let me know. Thank you for reading.

Seeking a permanent solution for a back part/cowlick/exposed scalp on crown area?

Greetings

Thank you for your question and photo, 

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Organic Hair Transplantation is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called “donor site” to bald or balding part of the body known as the “recipient site”. Grafts containing hair follicles that are obtained from genetically resistant to balding area transplanted to the bald scalp by latest minimally invasive technique. One of the most important reasons of the hair loss is the decreased quality of the scalp. Therefore to make the only transplantation would provide only a limited benefit without improving the quality of the scalp. In the “Organic Hair Transplantation”

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Covering the crown area

It is generally very difficult to cover the crown area with one sitting of hair transplant. thus, multiple sittings, if required, is the only option. Or you can go in for SMP again to give you a better coverage.

Kapil Dua, MBBS, MS
India Hair Restoration Surgeon

Don't like the cowlick

Consider scalp micropigmentation which would hide the cowlick very effectively as shown in the photos on the website below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant for natural part/cowlick in part

Hi, Dzinha – First, a disclaimer: it's very difficult to evaluate your situation based on the tiny photos allowed by the RealSelf format. But that said, I think you have probably received good advice. The combination of the convexity of the crown and a natural part/cowlick presents a real challenge for hair transplantation in that the scalp tends to show through no matter how much hair you can cram in. You may want to consider some additional sessions of SMP.Thanks for your question – sorry I couldn't give you a more satisfying answer. Dr. Ballon

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Cowlick exposed

If you saw multiple doctors and they recommended you are not a candidate, Im not sure why you feel an internet forum with doctors seeing your photo would be enough to sway your opinion.  You have an area in your scalp with a change in direction of hair.  In my opinion this is not a candidate for surgery and trying to transplant grafts in the part will likely result in loss of your natural hair growing there. I would suggest styling your hair in a different way that doesnt show the part as much.

Amir Yazdan, MD
Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you had consultations with multiple hair transplant doctors and were told you would need multiple transplant sessions, then t

If you had consultations with multiple hair transplant doctors and were told you would need multiple transplant sessions, then they are probably right.  Sometimes there is no easy quick fix.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Cowlick

yes, your situation or hair direction cannot be changed . it is wasting time for you to deal with that issue . Change your hair style!

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon