Protein after hair transplant?

Hello, I am now 2 month post OP and I started to work out in the gym again. I would like to know if taking protein ( I take 2g protein per Bodykilo- that means 180g/a day) could affect my hair transplant. I need it to build muscles. Thank you for your questions.

Protein after Hair Transplant

You can definitely take your protein now, although, I would always suggest checking in with your doctor.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

There should be no reason why you can't have protein in your diet. If you are concerned always check with your doctor.

There should be no reason why you can't have protein in your diet.  If you are concerned always check with your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Diet and Protein after Hair Transplant

If you are taking protein after your hair transplant, make sure that there are no steroids in the protein shakes as this will cause you lots of problems

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Protein after transplant

Great question.  I refer all of my patients to this resource.   Real self charges doctors to pay an additional fee to ad a hyperlink, but the resource can be found at helphair.com.  There is great evidence that some androgen building supplements can worsen hair loss.  Dr. Shapiro's help hair shake is a whey protein shake designed to circumvent this problem.  Good luck building your muscles and growing your hair!! 

Ryan Welter, MD
Boston Hair Restoration Surgeon