Skin irritation and bad discoloration (hyper pigmentation) caused by compression garment after liposuction (Photo)

I had a liposuction done on 6/9/16. The compression garment badly damaged my skin. I have areas that look pretty bad, they were very red and irritated the first five days post op. Now they have turned grayish dark brown. They are not bruises. I have always had skin issues where anything can leave a permanent discoloration (hyper pigmentation). What can I do to improve the appearance of my skin in those areas if I am still wearing the compression garment? Thanks.

Skin irritation and bad discoloration (hyper pigmentation) caused by compression garment after liposuction

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Hyperpigmentation On Face/Body -- Clear + Brilliant/Viva, Microneelding/PRP, Skin lightening/Peels, Aerolase, Pico Laser

I suggest following up with your physician to discuss your concerns. If the discoloration still persists after you are healed, lasers, peels, skin care and sun protection may help with improvement. For the time being, I suggest being evaluated for a different type of compression garment to prevent any further skin damage.  Radiofrequency with vens legacy should be tried at this time.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Skin discoloration after liposuction

I am sorry this happened to you.
Ask your surgeon if you change to a new garment such as Spanx.
one hundred per cent cocoa butter or Shea butter will lighten the skin

Also you cannot expose the skin to the sun or it will not lighten.
Best wishes