What's the best procedure to get my waist about 3-4 inches smaller? (Photo)

I'm 5'3 weigh 118 my busy is 36 d waist 30 and hips 36

Narrow waist

Hello and thank you for your question and your pictures. From the pictures it appears that liposuction would probably be appropriate. Liposuction would allow you to have a curvier shape. It seems as though you have a more square shape to your torso right now and with liposuction you could have your torso sculpted/shaped to have more curves.

However, it is hard to tell from the pictures alone if you have loose skin and/or weakening of your abdominal muscles. If this was the case then this would require an abdominoplasty along with the liposuction to give you the best results. The only way to really determine this is by being evaluated in person.

I hope this helps and best of luck! Please make sure you are evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon!

Ankur Mehta MD
Sugar Land, Tx

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

What's the best procedure to get my waist about 3-4 inches smaller?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

How to make waist 3-4 inches smaller

Thank you for your question and photos.
Honestly, you need a formal exam by a Board Certified plastic surgeon to give you a definite answer. Liposuction can work, but this is assuming most of your problem is excessive fat. The strength of your abdominal wall needs to be determined - if it is weak - then a TT will be best. Liposuction alone will not help you if a weak abdominal wall is the issue. I routinely cinch the sides of the waist during a TT to achieve the look you are wishing for.

Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Narrow my waist?

Hi Carolina and thanks for writing.

You look great.  That said, I can't really tell you the best procedure for you and I'm not sure anyone can guarantee you a 4"smaller waist.

I hate to punt here, but you really do need to visit with a plastic surgeon and review your complete medical/surgical history, and not only what you want to achieve, but what you will not tolerate (recovery, scars, etc.).

Best of luck to you .

sek

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal and contouring. An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. Consult with a VASER Hi Definition expert to work with your personal goals and to give you the results you are seeking. Best, Dr. Emer.

How to get a thinner waist?

Thank you for asking about your waist reduction.'
  • Your side photo suggests you might have had children -
  • If so, then  you appear to need a tummy tuck with muscle repair.
  • If not, then liposuction should work very nicely.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC

Best Way to Narrow Waist

It depends on why your waist is wide...have you had children ? If so, muscle tightening would probably be a part of the operation. Liposuction may also play a role in narrowing your waist and creating nicer curves.  Like anything in medicine done well, an exam and diagnosis will determine your treatment.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Attaining a smaller waist

based on our photos, I think you have a nice shaped body.  liposuction can help you bring in your waistline if you have some fatty areas of the flanks.  it is important to understand that the fatty tissue is only what is removed.  your FRAME is what determines your curves.  everyone woman is "built" different- some with square torsos, some very hippy. just depends.  your wish photo is beautiful. why she is a model.  those waist-hip proportions and frame are God given.  this doesn't mean we can't make your waist a little curvier with lipo. I'd also recommend fat grafting to the buttocks and a little to the hips to increase the waist-hip ration.  ultimately, you just have to accept what is realistic for your body. otherwise you will be very disappointed.

Please make an in-person consultation with a ABPS board certified PS to evaluate you and discuss your options.

Hope that helps and best wishes!
Dr. Morales
ABPS Board Certified
Houston, Tx

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

Liposuction / Liposculpture / High Definition Procedures / Liposuction Revision

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks. You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

What's the best procedure to get my waist smaller?

Thank you for your question. Assuming you are healthy, you appear to be an ideal candidate for liposuction to optimize your overall shape. Our central approach with this procedure is to provide a 360 degree improvement in order to lean down your abdomen area and to maximize feminine curves.
You already have a nice body, so the goal would be to refine your feminine curves by targeting the abdomen and hips / love handles. The skin then retracts over the new shape to give the final result. If you want a little extra emphasis on your curves, you might also consider a Brazilian butt lift. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.
A key quality indicator is Board Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Don’t settle for less!