Can Voluma really be dissolved in one round?

I had voluma dissolved from my cheeks three days ago. Approximately .5cc voluma per cheek according to my injector. She flooded the area, massaged and I had no adverse effects (fingers crossed) other than some bruising and swelling. She says that it's all gone and I won't need anymore hyaluronidase. Is this possible? I want to make absolutely sure so I don't have any issues down the road. Have you ever been able to dissolve Voluma in just one session?? Should I have another round just in case?

Dissolving Voluma

From a purely scientific perspective, studies show that 30 units of hyaluronidase is required to dissolve 0.1cc of hyaluronic acid. The usual commercial hyaluronidase products are 150-200 units/ml. If you only had 0.5cc of product in each cheek and the area was flooded with more than 1 ml of hyaluronidase, then it is likely that it is indeed all gone. Give the swelling 10 days or so to resolve and then reassess whether or not you feel there is any residual product remaining.

Dr.Brace

Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dissolving Voluma

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dr.Brace

Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dissolving Voluma

I think you have an excellent chance of achieving a good result with one dissolving session. It does help if the injector that performed the dissolving was the same as the one that injected the Voluma in regards to locating the exact spot.  I would wait two full weeks for the swelling and bruising to resolve before considering further dissolving.  Best of luck.

Dissolving Voluma

Dissolving Voluma

Since you only had a very small amount of Voluma injected in the first place, yes, I think it's possible that you can dissolve with only one round. Obviously, without seeing you in person, impossible to say for certain.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Dissolving Voluma

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  In most cases Voluma requires a series of treatments of hyaluronidase in order to achieve complete removal, but as you had little placed into each cheek, a single round may be enough to no longer have its effects noticeable.  Hope this helps.

Dissolving Voluma

Thank you for your question. For most patients it can take a series of hyaluronidase treatments to have complete removal of Voluma. However, you had only a little placed into cheek and a single round of hyaluronidase may be enough to dissolve your filler. 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Dissolving Voluma

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Dissolving Voluma / Fillers

It may take more than one injection to reverse the filler, especially voluma which has a special cross linking that makes it last much longer than other fillers.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Dissolving Voluma / Fillers

Needs time

Give the hyaluronidase time to work and let the swelling go down.  After about two weeks, you can decide if you need more.

Needs time

Voluma

Thank you for your question. Dissolving Voluma is an effective process. You will be able to know if the filler has been completely removed once your swelling has subsided. I suggest that you follow your surgeon's recovery techniques and keep your board certified facial plastic surgeon appraised of your healing process.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dissolving Voluma

It generally takes more than one time to dissolve Voluma such it is such a thick injection.  I would recommend waiting at least a week to see if it is dissolved before returning for more.  Best, Dr. Green

Dissolving Voluma

Dissolving Voluma With Hyaluronidase

Hyaluronidase works very well in dissolving all Hyaluronic Acid based fillers such as Voluma. It is possible to dissolve all the filler in just one session, but this will depend on amount of filler used, injection placement, dose of hyaluronidase, etc. It is not uncommon for multiple sessions to be needed to completely dissolve the filler. Whether you need another session should be determined by your injector, who hopefully is an expert. Best wishes.

Dissolving Voluma With Hyaluronidase