Broken capillaries after Voluma, will they go away if filler is dissolved? Is this a sign of reaction to the filler?

I have had a number of issues with my Voluma injections most of which have subsided except now I have broken capillaries on my cheek where the injections were done. I had perfect skin before this. I would like to know if the product is dissolved will these go away eventually? Are these a sign of reaction to the filler? Should I remove it? Laser is not an option as I have a face full of freckles I love and do not want to lose.

Voluma

Thank you for your question. The injection of fillers can result in broken capillaries in the cheeks. I suggest that you remain patient with your recovery. You will find enviably fuller cheeks at the end of your short recovery. Your capillaries should heal as well. Please keep your board certified facial plastic surgeon aware of your recovery process.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Broken Blood Vessels from Injections

If you have broken blood vessels from the injections this should resolve on its own.  You can always have the V-Beam laser to the area which will treat the blood vessels but keep your freckles.  Best, Dr. Green

Broken capillaries following Voluma

Unfortunately, this can happen with any injectable and fair skinned patients. Oftentimes, it will resolve on it's own as the trauma subsides. However, if they are still present 2 months after your treatment then yes, you will need laser to remove them. There are lasers that will remove blood vessels, but not freckles. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Laser for capillaries

New capillaries that have formed after your injection will likely need some form of laser treatment to remove them.

Broken Capillaries

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear that you have some residual side effects from your filler - unfortunately, more so in individuals with a pale complexion, this can happen with any type of injectable. Depending on how far out you are from the procedure, the broken capillaries may be due to trauma and just need time to resolve. If after a month or two, they are still present, you can have a light laser treatment (Nd:Yag) that will focus on the pigment within the capillaries and zap them away without affecting your freckles. Best of luck! 

Thank you for sharing your question.  Without a photograph it is difficult to offer definite advice as Voluma injections do not result in broken capillaries, unless you are referring to a small bruise, which will resolve in time.  If you are referring to spider veins, some accidental trauma can cause these and these can be treated with lasers and will not affect your freckles.  Hope this helps.