My implants feel like hard water balloons.

I had 390 cc high profile implants placed sub muscularly June 5th along with a lift. They look gorgeous but feel very tight and hard. When will they feel normal? I'm very aware of them and am worried I'll never sleep on my stomach again. :(

Swelling will last for many weeks

Hello. It is normal for the tissues to feel hard and tight for many weeks after surgery. It generally gets a lot better after 6-8 weeks, but there is a lot of changing for 6 months as they settle.
You should continue to follow the advice of your plastic surgeon.
Good luck.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Wait a bit

I understand how odd they may feel and look at this time, considering you are just a few weeks after your surgery. It’s very common in the early recovery phase. If you can give it about 3-4 months after surgery, you’ll notice that your breasts soften up and become more natural looking as your body adjusts to their presence.

You're really early in the healing process

At this point, you're still swollen and healing from surgery.  With time, the implants and your breasts will soften.  Saline implants are always a bit more firm than silicone implants, but dont' judge anything until you get to about 3 or 4 months.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

My implants feel like hard water balloons, when will they feel normal?

You are less than three weeks from your surgery and it is common for the tissues over the implants to still be tight and for the implants to feel hard.  Expect the implants to feel more natural as the tissues relax.  This may take a few months, so be patient and don't worry.  Enjoy your new look.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Implants

Since your surgery was pretty recent. you have to give them time to settle down. Be patient with the results.

My breast implants feel like hard water balloons.

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your surgery.  You are still very early after surgery and the tightness that you feel can be normal.  Expect that over the next 8-12 weeks the implants and breasts will saw often and feel more natural.  If you're having an unreasonable amount of pain or pressure on one side CR surgeon for examination.

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your surgery.  The swelling of your skin and muscle as a result of surgery will cause your implants to feel initially firm.  Over the next 6-8 weeks you should see gradual dropping and feel increased softness to your tissues as your results take on a more natural appearance.  Hope this helps.  

Firm breasts after augmentation

Thank you for your question! All of what you are describing sounds normal. It will take a few months for your breasts to feel softer. I'm glad you are happy with your result!

Emily Hartmann, MD
Chico Plastic Surgeon

Breast Feel Hard

What you are experiencing is normal.  It takes a few weeks for the breast to settle and soften.  Follow up with your surgeon so he can advise you on breast massage.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

My implants feel like hard water balloons

Thank you for your question.   This is normal to feel tight and firm just a few weeks after a breast augmentation as well with a lift.  The implants don't feel like your natural breasts yet, but they will become a part of you in several months.  Try and be patient and know that this is normal at this stage post operatively.

Chad Robbins, MD