Return to exercise (barre method) post op 225-275 cc implants and lipo of abdomen & flanks. 35, 5'4" , 115, first operation.

I'm going into my first procedure ever. I love regular exercise of barre 4 days a week, been doing for 6 years.I'm hoping someone knows what it is.Because I really don't want to risk a single thing in regards to messing up my surgery and healing.I have no idea on how soon I can return to my normal routine.I really have never even taken more than a week or too off!What types of exercise is good to help while I'm healing?I work from home and break up my stressful day with fitness! HELP!

When to return to exercise after surgery

I love Barre classes! Good for you for being so steadfast with it!
So a lot of this has to do with where your implants are going to be placed. If the implants are going under the muscle, i don't have great news for you. Because the muscle really only covers the top 1/3 to 1/2 of your implant, when it squeezes, it will squeeze your implant down and out. Not where you want pretty breasts to be! For my dual plane (under muscle) patients, I restrict planks, push ups, bench press and any pectoralis muscle work for up to 1 year. 
If your implants are going on top of the muscle, no holds bar. As soon as your incisions are healed, I tell patients to use their own judgement and do what feels right. Same goes for liposuction. Usually you are back at it by 2-3 weeks gradually increasing activity.  

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Exercise After Multiple Procedures Including Breast Augmentation

As I recommend to my patients, you should avoid heavy lifting and strenuous #activity for six weeks following your #BreastSurgery. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or #discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!! It may require the full 6 weeks before you can do any upper body work-outs, yoga, etc.
If your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it.
But, if your work is strenuous as it sounds to be in your case, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain. Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employeed. I recommend avoiding heavy lifting and strenuous #activity for six weeks following your #BreastSurgery. With that said, it may help you plan your return to work accordingly.

Recovery after Breast Augmentation and LIposuction

I agree that two weeks of no strenuous activity is probably recommended. Advancing as you can tolerate would be recommended after that. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Exercise after breast augmentation

The barre method of exercise incorporates posturing, light weights, all range of motion, etc.  You should limit any exercise of your upper body, arms, and chest for at least 2 weeks.  You can do lower body exercises after one week.  4 weeks after your surgery, you should have no limitations, but you can start light range of motion of your upper body at 2 weeks.

Activity

Most women can do light walking the first week of surgery. Usually by 6 weeks, you can return to full activities. Your surgeon will be the best one to tell you what activity you can do when as he/she will be checking you and seeing how well you are healing.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Activity after Breast Augmentation

Here is what I recommend for my patients....Two weeks post op:You may begin NON IMPACT cardio. This includes walking on a treadmill, using the elliptical machine without the use of your arms, stair climber, stationary bike, etc… Weight restrictions include not lifting anything over 10-15 pounds. No legs, core, chest, arms or upper back exercises allowed.
Two months post op:You may begin MODERATE IMPACT cardio, such as light jogging and workout classes like Zumba. Core and leg work is also allowed. Still no chest, arms, shoulder or upper back training.
Three months post op:You are unrestricted at this point, but remember to start slow with low weight (low means 2-3lbs!) and high repetitions. Do not do anything too fast or too heavy! Start doing push ups against a wall/counter, then knees and finally progress to the floor. Use resistance bands instead of pull ups. If you do Crossfit or have a trainer, start with a modified workout. REMEMBER LIGHT WEIGHT AND HIGH REPS!