Could an ultra high profile implant give the same upper fullness look without lift? (Photo)

Hi, I'm 38 year old- mother of 5-youngest being 1 year old! I'm 5-8 about 125 lbs. I workout a lot and I'm considering breast augmentation. Because of my multiple pregnancies I lack upper pole fullness and would like to know if a round ultra high profile implant would work with my body type?? I think ultimately a lift would be necessary, but because of cost, would an ultra high profile round implant give me a similar result? I'm about a 34b now-with some assemetry. Thank you in advance for all your help!

Ultra High Profile Implants to Give Upper Fullness?

The short answer is no, an UHP implant will not give you upper pole fullness. High and ultra high profile implants give you increased projection but not more fullness higher up in your breasts. Actually, an UHP implant is likely to look like a round ball sitting on your chest, probably not the result that you are looking for. I would be inclined to agree with you that a lift is really needed, although in your case it does not appear that a major lift would be needed. You can likely achieve a very nice result with a moderate size implant and vertical (lollipop) lift. Ultimately an in person consultation will be needed to formulate a specific plan.

Could an ultra high profile implant give the same upper fullness look without lift

The Ultra High Profile implant will give you more projection. It will give some upper pole fullness to but will not substitute for a lift. The implant will do one thing and that i s make you bigger, it does not lift the breast tissue.

Julio Garcia, MD

Could an ultra high profile implant give the same upper fullness look without lift?

Higher implant profiles do not necessarily lead to more filling out of loose skin. In fact, many patients look worse when trying to use larger volume and higher profile implants instead of doing a lift. In addition, with your thin frame, ultra high profile implants may give you a very fake look to the upper poles of your breasts and your excess skin may still fall off of the implants unless you do a lift. 
Like most others responding here, I think a lift with a medium of high profile implant of an appropriate volume will ultimately give you a nicer result.

Ultra high profile

From your photos you have a fair amount of tissue in the lower pole of you breast. The right breast is slightly larger with more lower pole fullness. you would get a slight lift with the ultra high profile implants but it will still have an appearance of sagging breast. Your best result would be a lift with implants.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Larger size or higher profile implants can not replicate the effects of a breast lift, and can exacerbate the amount of breast sagging that you have present.  Depending on your desired goal appearance, and cost restrictions, it may be best to perform a staged procedure with an appropriate sized implant now and a breast lift later on.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to have the best advice recommended.  

Do I need a lift

Thanks for your inquiry and pictures. To answer your question I do not think an implant alone would replace what a lift offers in your potential results.  That does not mean you cannot get a reasonable result without a lift, but the lift could improve the nipple/areola position and address the lower pole loose envelop. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and best of luck.  

Do I Need A Lift Also?

Dear mdbrown14, Thank you for your question and photos.  While photos often can tell us if a lift is truly needed or not, it is really the measurements we take during your examination in combination with a determination of the quality of the breast tissues that dictates recommending a lift with or without implants to rejuvenate the breasts.  In some patients, an implant with a dual plane approach can mimic the effect of a breast lift but not in every patient.  This is why you need to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who can determine the best course of treatment for you.  Sometimes placing an oversize, too projected implant can actually increase the rate of sagging dramatically too.  It is important to remember that a poorly designed plan may cost less in the beginning but result in a more costly correction in the future.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos you may need a breast lift in addition to implants.  However a 2 stage operation is a possibility.  You can try a high profile or ultra high profile implant first as long as you understand that you may need a breast lift if the implant does not achieve the look that you desire.

Lift or not

Just looking at your photos, you will probably need a lift. However, I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options. Sometimes the gummy bear implant works nicely in those who have a small amount of sagging

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon