Did I mess up my lower lateral cartilage? Should I see an ENT?

For years, I developed a very bad habit of pushing and popping the cartilage in my nose. And now I feel like they are completely divided. After leaving it for a week, the cartilage has still not gotten stronger and I can still move the lower lateral cartilage around in my nose, followed by a popping noise. Is it possible that I divided my lower lateral cartilage into two from messing with it?

Thank you for your question,You will need one on one examination with a Surgeon can be needed to see the level of damage that could have been coused, online consultation wll not give you the right answers.

Tip cartilage

I think more details are needed, but if you are concerned about a specific issue with your nose, then it seems reasonable to have it evaluated.

Nasal evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question. An in-person examination would be the only way to answer this.   I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Nasal Manipulation Trauma

An examination from a rhinoplasty surgeon can determine if you indeed have caused any damage to the lower lateral cartilages or ligamentous structures of this portion of your nose. Manipulation, as you have described, can be harmful to the normal cartilage structures and/or stretch the support ligaments. Please try to avoid any further manipulation to your nose and be seen by a physician for recommendations. Good luck. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon