Can I do microneedling after dermal fillers? In the same spot? Won't the results be lost?

If so how long after can I do microneedling and can't i do it with 1mm needles having thin skin? thank you

Microneedling

Yes, I can agree with also doing micro-needling first then filler, but if filler is already done then wait 2-3 weeks before treatment of micro-needling. Should not affect the filler.

Microneedling after filler

Hi there, thank you for your question. It should be fine to do microneedling after fillers; the results of the filler will not be lost. However, I would wait a couple of weeks in between. Alternatively, you could do microneedling first, and then do fillers -- this is usually the order that I recommend to patients, as filler results tend to be enhanced this way. Regardless, I would recommend a series of microneedling treatments for best results.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Microneedling and filler

Yes you can do both.  I always do the micropen first and follow up with the filler.  I would wait until the inflammation goes down after the microneedling; about a week.  Best of luck to you!

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Microneedling with PRP and Dermal Fillers

Hello Joanaasdfgh,

Yes, you can have microneedling done after having a dermal filler and it will not break down or move the product. I do recommend microneedling with PRP. Your provider will determine which depths are best for you. Microneedling with PRP will induce collagen production, having multiple treatments will improve the appearance and strengthen your skin. Best to you, Dr Faraz

Microneedling with Dermal Fillers

You can do microneedling with dermal fillers, however my preference of order is first Microneedling combined with PRP, then followed by dermal fillers. The results are much better and enhancing.

David P. Melamed, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

For Best Results--add prp to microneedling

Yes, you can have microneedling after fillers without any problems. I always combine prp with microneedling for the best outcomes. The Intensif is a great option to improve tone and texture. See an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer