I am experiencing swelling and bruising after Ultherapy and want to know if exercise is going to make it worse?

I had ultherapy on lower face and neck yesterday. In the evening I noticed swelling and used ice packs. I went to the gym this morning as usual and had a tough workout (about 18 hours post procedure). Tonight the swelling is the same or worse and bruises are appearing. I have now read strenuous exercise is contraindicated if there is swelling. I am also experiencing numbness. Have I doomed myself to extended swelling thanks to the exercise? Does it matter if I continue to exercise strenuously now?

Swelling

I don't think you are doomed in regard to swelling. I would avoid strenuous exercise and follow up with your provider.

Swelling & Strenuous Exercise after Ultherapy

Swelling can last a few weeks after Ultherapy.  Ice packs, Arnika Forte, diuretics, and time are the best options at this point. Exercise isn't contraindicated after Ultherapy, but if you notice strenuous exercise makes swelling worse, perhaps you should reduce your routine for the time being. If the swelling persists or you remain concerned, contact your Dr. Best, Dr. Emer.