Arm lift.

Hello, i would like to get an arm lift, but the question is.. I have a heart condition called innapropiate sinus tachycardia. Could this be dangerous for me?

Arm lift with heart condition

You would require medical clearance- we have an in office MD who would ask for clearance from your/a cardiologist as well. Your safety is primary before any procedure, even if it is smart lipo under local for the arms as the numbing solution may cause heart rhythm issues.

Should I undergo a brachioplasty?

It is difficult to give an accurate answer to this question without the ability to examine you and take your medical history. It would be best for you to discuss your plans for elective surgery with your primary care physician and your plastic surgeon. With good communication between your 2 doctors you should receive your answer. Good luck

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Arm Lift with heart condition

I would recommend an appointment with your cardiologist prior to surgery for an evaluation and to obtain clearance from them prior to the surgery.  Thank you for your question and best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Surgical candidate

You will first need to visit with your cardiologist to discuss your surgical plans.  He/She will need to clear you for surgery.  When you have your consultation with your plastic surgeon be prepared to discuss your condition and bring along the medical clearance letter if available.

Camille Cash, MD

Arm lift with sinus tachycardia

Thank you for asking about your arm lift.
  • You probably can have an arm lift with this condition -
  • Your surgeon will want your cardiologist to see you, clear you for surgery and offer treatment guidelines in case the tachycardia occurs during surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Arm lift with a heart arrhythmia ?

If your cardiologist believes that you are a candidate for surgery and your plastic surgeon agrees, then an arm lift is possible.  A brachioplasty (arm lift) can be done under sedation as well as a general anesthetic, so discuss this with your plastic surgeon and good luck.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift

Thank you for your question.Before proceeding with any surgery you would need to get medical clearance from your PCP or Cardiologist.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift

Thank you for your question. To determine your candidacy and safety you need to be seen by a PS. He will probably ask for clearance from cardiologist for risk assessment. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Uncontrolled medical conditions can be dangerous

You will need to have inappropiate sinus tachycardia under control before having an elective plastic surgery.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Arm lift and heart condition

Thank you for your question.  If you have a heart condition, this may affect your ability to have elective cosmetic surgery.  You would need to be medically optimized and cleared before proceeding with surgery.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS