Actual pain 4 weeks post gynecomastia surgery. I've had hematoma drained twice. Is it scar tissue and is it painful?

I cant raise my hand it's tight and painful is This abnormal? This procedure has turned into a nightmare.. From hematoma twice to removing the drain to early to putting it back in and it coming out after 5 days to this pain I'm feeling. Have a appointment Thursday but I wanna be seen sooner. It's a sharp pain.

Pain After Gynecomastia Surgery

Definitely after this amount of time that pain, and especially that sever, should not be felt on a regular basis. I would recommend that you see your surgeon right away to find out what may need to be done for correction.

Pain post op

I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a tough time. Keep seeing your surgeon. At some point you should be able to start tretching and massaging. This will help break down the scar tissue and get you more motion. NSAIDs should be ok but check with your surgeon first. Hang in there.

Tough Recovery

Hi,
Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear that you have had such a hard time of it in the first 4 weeks. Although hematomas are uncommon in this surgery, they can and do happen. One thing to perhaps investigate is whether you have any underlying bleeding disorders that would not be picked up on routine preoperative blood work. It is impossible to tell you whether you are having scar tissue formation without being able to examine you. Definitely keep in close contact with your plastic surgeon.

Sincerely,
Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD