Is it okay to do CoolSculpting AND ultrasonic cavitation?

regardless of how much I diet and exercise, my lower abdomen never budged below 32 inches. I want to get the Coolsculpting procedure to elimate some fat cells, and a few ultrasonic cavitatios to help the remaining stubborn fat cells release the fat it seems to think necessary to cling onto. Should there be a gap period between procedures? Will the Cooled fats be melted by cavitation? Thank you

CS

Typically Coolsculpting™ which is a non-surgical noninvasive surgical option is performed with no down time.  Ultrasonic cavitation is typically performed in conjunction with liposuction.  Liposuction is a surgical procedure.  Generally, I would not perform Coolsculpting™ and liposuction with or without Ultrasonic cavitation.  To date, I do not believe there is any data to support that ultrasonic cavitation will enhance the efficacy of fat reduction with Coolsculpting™.

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD