CoolSculpting vs LipoFreeze?

What is the difference between Cool Sculpting and Lipo Freeze besides the price? I just want to be sure I make the right choice. It's much more feasible for me to do Lipo Freeze, but I want to be sure I don't pay for something that won't give results. Thank you for your time.

CoolSculpting vs LipoFreeze

Coolsculpting is the only FDA approved cryolipolysis treatment approved in the United States. Cryolipolysis is the technology of freezing fat cells. Zeltiq, which makes the Coolsculpting device, also has a patent on the technology. LipoFreeze is the generic version of Coolsculpting.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. Coolsculpting is the only device that is FDA approved for getting rid of fat by freezing it.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting vs. Lipo Freeze

Thanks for your question.  To our knowledge as of today, there is no other device other than the CoolSculpting device that is both FDA cleared and has a large enough patient base to show safety and efficacy (there have been over 3 million Coolsculpting treatments done to date).  With that said, if you are being offered "Lipo Freeze" I would ask for the device manufacturer's name, FDA clearance information, safety data and efficacy data.  There are a lot of machines coming into North America from overseas and many are not FDA cleared and most have little if any safety and efficacy data so it's always in your best interest to be diligent in your research.

Another factor that you want to consider is the experience of the provider you're talking with whether it's CoolSculpting or any other elective service.  Offices are NOT created equal and some offices may have a little experience and others may have a lot.  In summary, these services are very much like other things in life: choose an expert who does a lot of what you're seeking and don't go on cost alone as cheap things are seldom good and good things are seldom cheap.  

Best of luck, Doc Halliday

Douglas Halliday, PhD, MD
Syracuse Facial Plastic Surgeon