Should I be massaging my coolsculpted area?

Should I massage my coolsculpted area? It's been a week and the numbness is going already- no bruising- all good , but wondered if this would help or hinder my body healing?

Massage after Coolsculpting

Massaging the treated area for 2 following treatment is very important in breaking down the crystallized cells. After two minutes there is no benefit from massaging the area one week later. There is nothing you need to do after treatment to reach your desired goals. Good Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Massage following CoolSculpting

Great question! Massaging the treated area for 2 minutes in a kneading and circular motion immediately following treatment is very important in breaking down the crystalized cells. Once that is finished there is no added benefit in massaging the area yourself or having a massage performed in the treated area. CoolSculpting results are seen 3 months following treatment. Hope this helps!

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Massage

Thank you for your question.  Immediately after a Coolsculpting treatment, massage is very important. The fat cells are still in a crystalized state so the massage is helpful in breaking them down.  However, after two minutes there is no documented benefit to massage.  One of the great benefits of Coolsculpting is that there is nothing you need to do after treatment to achieve desired results!  Good luck with your recovery process!
Kind regards,
Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Massage and CoolSculpting - most important immediately after the procedure

All of my CoolSculpting patients are instructed to massage the treatment area immediately after the procedure is complete.  One week after the treatment, massage will not affect the treatment results, though it certainly is safe to massage your treatment area if you'd like to.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Massage after CoolSculpting

The only required massage with the CoolSculpting treatment is for two minutes after the applicators are removed.  There is no evidence suggesting any further massage will improve results.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Coolsculpting, SculpSure, Vanquish for Fat Reducing Combine with Z wave/Cellutone for Better Outcomes

I suggest you see an expert, yes you should be massaging or getting shock therapy like z wave/cellutone to enhance the outcomes of the coolsculpting.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting/Liposuction/Body Contouring/ High Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.
The massage is 3 minutes.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr Schwartz

Massage following cool sculpt

Immediately following treatments the provider is instructed to massage the area for at least 2 minutes. There is no evidence that other massage following treatments increases the effectiveness. If it feels good however, it will not harm you in any way or alter the results. Good Luck. 

Timothy Treece, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Since it has been a week since the treatment, it is not necessary to massage the area. The only time massage is beneficial is immediately after the treatment when the hand piece is removed. This helps to break up the fat cells. Massaging at this point will neither help nor hinder.

Neil Sadick, MD

Massage After Coolsculpting

Massage is needed directly after Coolsculpting but is not necessary a week later.  Please consult an expert in Coolsculpting for the best cosmetic results.