Will banana roll coolsculpting results get better? 2 months post procedure. (photos)

2 month post coolsculpting treatment on banana rolls and the banana rolls are bigger and the area BELOW the treated area seems smaller. Will the results get better?

Coolsculpting for the banana roll

Coolsculpting can be a great option for spot reducing fat; however, not all patients or areas are created equal.  The difficulty with treatment of the banana roll with coolsculpting is the lax of mobility of the tissue of this part of the leg.  Often, patients' fat won't be able to be pulled into the applicator significantly leading to less than optimum results.  From the pictures, there doesn't appear to be much change in either direction.  There may be a small amount of improvement over the next 1-2 months but doubtfully enough to be significant.  Follow up with your physician in a month to evaluate your final results.  Best of luck.

New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Results

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about your concerns. Some patients may see results as early as 3-4 weeks but it can take 3-4 months to see optimal results from treatment. I would recommend to followup with your provider if you are unhappy with your results. Best wishes. 

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Paradoxical Hyperplasia From Coolsculpting

This looks like paradoxical hyperplasia where the coolsculpting treated areas get much larger and now need to be treated with liposuction or kybella.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Will CoolSculpting results improve after 2 months?

In my experience, it can take 3-4 months to see the full effect from a CoolSculpting treatment, so I would definitely wait at least another 1-2 months to judge your results.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Banana Roll

Hard to give you my best opinion without a before picture but we have clients wait until 90 days to pass judgement on results. At that time go back to your Dr's office and compare before and after. Sometimes repeats are necessary for best results. This is not a routine location and I would ask a BC PS their opinion on how to improve it before spending more on Cool Sculpting for this problem area. Good Luck. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Banana roll treatment with Coolsculpting

At 2 months, the results are almost complete. I would discuss with your physician. It is possible the handpiece was placed too low. In very rare instances, 1:10000, there is paradoxical hyperplasia and that may have happened as well.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Coolsculpting and Banana Roll

Coolsculpting for the banana roll will definitely improve up to 4 months after the procedure is done.  After 2 months you will definitely not see the full effects.  Please consult a specialist.  Now with the Cool-Advantage it only takes 35 minutes to treat this area. Best, Dr. Green

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.In office examination of the area is needed to determine if a patient is the correct candidate for this procedure. The improvement continues up to three months but mst results appear by 2 months. Some patients may require more than one treatment depending on the amount of fat present.  

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD