Do I need to be at my goal weight before having cool sculpting done?

Coolsculpting

It is best to be near goal weight... around 15 pounds to goal is best.  I have found that Coolsculpting can help on your way to your weight loss goal because the changes you will see will make you feel like the sacrifices are worth it and you will keep going.

Coolsculpting/Sculpsure/Liposuction/Body Contouring/ High Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.

Coolsculpting will remove cells in that treatment area.This does not correlate with weight loss but does give you a localized improvement. 
If you want a larger improvement, surgery such as liposuction will do this and shape larger areas.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Goal Weight for Cool Sculpting

Cool Sculpting can treat the fat that we can pinch and pull. Ideally you want to be close to your ideal weight because I would assume you want the best results for the least investment. Remember it takes an area down on average of 22% so the added volume will translate in to more treatments. So, an in person consultation would be best at a reputable location you trust to assess the areas you want improvement. Everyone's problem areas are different but in short, closer to healthy weight is best but not essential. Hope that helps. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Goal weight before treatment with Coolsculpting

It is not necessary to get to your goal weight. It is possible to treat if your are within 15% of your ideal weight. Coolsculpting can only treat pinchable fat. Cooladvantage handpieces and Zimmer Z wave help to get better results.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

There are two ways I view this question and to be  honest this applies equally to liposuction as well as Cool Sculpting cryolipolysis. 

Both methods of removing fat are not methods for weight loss and certainly for liposuction studies have proven this. These methodologies, differing as they are, are most effective when used to contour the body in specific anatomical sites where there is a local contour disparity, fullness or excess, hence the areas for which we have protocols to be treated by Cool Sculpting. Weight loss regimens are to some degree almost a separate, distinct issue but in general I would say complete your weight loss prior to Cool Sculpting. However there are times for a sub set of patients where a session of Cool Sculpting can help to support and encourage a weight loss programme.

Best wishes in the pursuit off your aesthetic goals.

Tariq Ahmad, MBBChir, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Weight and Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is a great procedure and will remove a bulge in a given area.  It is best to be close to your idea weight but Coolsculpting will work on any area that you can "pinch".  Best, Dr. Green

Coolsculpting/Goal Weight?--VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

For best results, it's best to be at or close to your goal weight. Depending on the look you want: VASER Hi Def liposution is also an option for fat removal, contouring and skin tightening. VASER can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. Please see a body contouring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Does goal weight need to be reached before having CoolSculpting done?

In general, I would say it is always best to be at your goal weight prior to having a CoolSculpting procedure.  The procedure could be done prior to reaching your goal weight, but the ultimate result may not be as good.  If you are just 5-10 lbs. off of your goal weight, it should not be an issue, but if you are still planning on losing closer to 20 lbs. or more, you may want to wait before being treated.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon