Difference between 280cc and 305cc?

I'm going to have surgery in a week and I really need to find out what size I'm getting .... There are two choices 280cc and 305cc . I'm 5,3" and 123Ib. Thank you!!! I'm super nervous about the surgery is there anything I can do for it ???

Anxiety before breast augmentation surgery?

Anxiety prior to surgery is very normal; its complete elimination is usually not possible. Assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, other important "variables" such as anesthesia provider and surgery facility will be selected based on everyone's first priority: safety. This careful selection should give you some peace of mind that you will be safe around the time of surgery. Discuss your specific areas of concerns with your plastic surgeon who will be in the best position to help you calm your nerves.  Communicate your goals carefully again with your plastic surgeon;  this careful communication will help you make a decision between the two breast implant sizes you are considering.  In my practice, patients usually ask me to make the decision after careful communication and use of intraoperative temporary sizers.

I ask my patients to try to be as calm as possible prior to surgery; this “calmness" tends to translate to a smoother postoperative course. You may be able to alleviate some pre operative anxiety with music, exercise, meditation, a glass of wine (if ok with your surgeon),  and positive/objective focus on the long term outcome/benefits etc. prior to your procedure. Generally, patients find that they did “get worked up for nothing” after their recovery is completed. I hope this helps. 

Difference between 280cc and 305cc?

Very little difference. The implant that most closely matches the base width of your breast which your surgeon should measure would be the best choice.

Implant size

Hello and thank you for your question. These implants are very similar.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

25 cc difference in implants

A 25 cc difference in implants is not that much and likely you would not notice it.  You can try a baggy test to see what works for you.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. In published literature it has been shown that most people are able to perceive the difference in implant size of as low as 15 cc. Having said that, the difference of 25 cc is quite subtle. You should have your surgeon measure you and see which implant would fit your body better. This is more important than the small difference in the implant size. Good luck!

There is only a minimal difference between 280cc and 305cc....so small it would be difficult to tell the difference.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Difference between 280 cc and 305 cc

A difference of 25 cc (less than one ounce) is negligible and should not make a difference in your look or bra size. Review with your surgeon in person.Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size Decision

Thank you for your question. The difference of the two is 25cc, which equals less than two tablespoons. It sounds like an appropriate size for your body and either size should work since there is little difference between the two. In choosing between two similar sizes, ask yourself "Do I want error on being too large or too small?" Either size should work out is provided that they are appropriately sized to fit your chest dimensions. Best of luck to you!

Dell Smith, MD
Twin Falls Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing

the difference in 280 to 305 is minimal. if the doctor is letting you choose the size I would say choose the larger one because not too many people after surgery say they are too large , only I wish I would have gone larger. 

David E. Kim, MD

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgers

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon