What cup size will an 345cc implant get me? (photos)

In a few weeks i am getting my breast augmentation. I am not so sure about the size I've chosen, I'm afraid it will be too big. Currently I am a small B cup (32B) and I want to be a full C, SMALL D cup. I doubted between a 295 cc and 345 cc implant. They are anatomical and under the muscle. Can anyone help me out On what implant size I should choose to get what I want? My docter wasn't so clear about this.

Choosing implants

Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Implant sizing

That would really depend on how tall you are and how wide your ribs are. This really is something your surgeon and not yourself should be trying to figure out. To me those numbers sound small. But it also depends on what you consider a full c / small d looks like. 

David E. Kim, MD

Breast Implants/Breast Reduction/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. It depends on your chest wall measurements and existing breast tissue as implant size does not accurately correlate to a bra size.  It also depends on the brand and style of bra you wear as size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. SchwartzBoard Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast implants - what is the right size

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.
  • I am sorry your plastic surgeon didn't give you much guidance - it is part of her/his job but some surgeons leave it all to you.
  • On an average woman (5.5 and 125 pounds), a 295 cc will be a B look (small normal), a 350 with be a C look (full normal) and a 375-400 a D look.
  • But I have some very small patients in whom a 275 cc is a D.
  • So what about returning to your surgeon for another sizer fitting, using the suggestions in my attached video on choosing your breast implant.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

What cup size will an 345cc implant get me?

Thank you for the question.  Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  

There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

***Given that your surgery is coming up soon (and your ongoing concerns), I would suggest that you schedule additional time to spend with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals, preferably prior to the date of surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "full C , small D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.  Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery,  after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast  augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.