How much of a down payment is need for implants? I need to start saving up for them.

100%. Most offices will allow you to do a payment plan or offer you some kind of financing, however the surgery must be paid in full before you will be allowed to schedule and move forward with the surgery. 

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and "Down Payments"

A frequently asked question in cosmetic surgery is how to finance the procedures.  Most plastic surgeons will accept credit cards for payment-usually the common ones such as Visa, MasterCard, etc.  Many plastic surgeons also offer financing using a "third-party" agency such as CareCredit and others.  Essentially, because of the way the financing is arranged, there is no "down payment" required but the more you can pay up front means the less you have to finance and therefore the less cost you will have to pay for your procedure.  I recommend you call the plastic surgeon's office and ask to speak to a Patient Care Coordinator who is well versed in helping patients learn the in's and out's of financing their cosmetic surgery.  I hope this helps.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Implant downpayments

Some practices will offer financing of cosmetic surgery. These parameters will vary between practices and lenders. The first step would be to confirm that that this is the correct procedure for you by consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon experienced in breast implants and then learning about payment options.

Implant down payment

Most plastic surgery practices offer some type of financing; however, the procedure must be paid in full prior to having the surgery.Good luck!

Brian Widenhouse, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.  Most offices offer various financing options such as Care Credit and Alphaeon as well. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Costs will vary from one doctor to the next and can vary dramatically based on area of the country. The one thing we all have in common is that all fees must be paid completely several weeks before the surgery takes place. You can call 2-3 offices in your area to get an idea of the total costs where you live.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD