Can 300cc-3500cc Breast Implants Increase Size from 34A to C?

I am 25 years with no kids, 5'7" tall at 135 lbs. I am considering having breast augmentation. I am currently a 34A and would like to be a full C after surgery. Would 300-350cc do that, or would I need to go larger?

Can 300cc-350cc Breast Implants Increase Size from 34A to C? On average, this implant should be able to accomplish your goals however, that is not a guarantee.

A little larger breast implants might be better

Based upon your body type, a 350 cc implant may get you into a C range. There a lot of factors to consider, even more than just implant volume. Do you want to be a full C or just a C? Do you have any droop to the breast or just not enough volume? Etc.

We fully evaluate the chest diameter, distance from the neck to the nipple, and current breast volume. I have found over time, that most women who "just want to be a small C" wish they had gone a bit bigger after surgery is complete. The 350 cc implant in a person of your body type will be "just a C". A saline implant can be slightly over inflated, while a silicone implant is just that size with the same dimensions. Remember that one size larger implant is only one ounce more of fluid(30cc). So the difference may just give you the fullness you are looking for.

Good Luck!

David A. Dreyfuss, MD
Orland Park Plastic Surgeon

C cup breast

No one can guaranty a cup size. But to answer you question, usually 300cc to 350 cc  would change a 34 A to a C.

Breast implants

This would be a great question for someone that has actually seen you in person. But at 5'7" it sounds like you would need more cc's.

David E. Kim, MD

Breast implant size

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Cup size and breast implants

It is very difficult to "nail down" cup size for a patient because the bras are so variable in shape and determination of cup size. The best way for you to figure out what you like is to sample some implants and put them in a loose bra while wearing a blouse over it. Choose the volume don't worry about the cup.

Possible but need measurements

It's possible but your surgeon will have to measure more than your weight and height to say for sure. Breast width, chest width and other measurements need to taken.

Ronald Levine, MD

The best size for you

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the below link.

#breastaugmentation
#findingtherightsize
#BA

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Imaging would REALLY help to visualize potential results.

In this situation, it’s virtually impossible to make a specific recommendation regarding breast implant size without performing a physical examination or viewing pictures.When choosing breast implants for breast augmentation we’re not interested in size, but instead we’re interested in the appropriate implant fit.We want to achieve harmony, balance and proportion with the surrounding structures.
In your case it might be possible to obtain a C cup with a 300 to 350cc implant.Unfortunately, everyone’s idea of a C cup isn’t the same, and for this reason cup size is a frequent source of confusion.
For this reason, we feel that it’s important to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.In an effort to minimize confusion we utilize both implant sizers and the 3D Vectra computer imaging system.These two systems help the surgeon understand the patient’s aesthetic goals. They also significantly alleviate the anxiety that many patients experience regarding breast implant size.When this approach is taken patients are ultimately happy with breast implant size, and the procedure is associated with high levels of patient satisfaction.

Can 300cc-350cc breast implants increase sie from 34A to C?

Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. Given your desires, a breast augmentation, with an implant or fat grafting, would be an ideal procedure that would meet your expectations. Breast augmentation is now the most popular procedure performed in plastic surgery today. One tolerated very well by women with minimal downtime and high patient satisfaction.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, etc). Your height, weight, breast width, and body habitus will make a difference for which implant style/projection to choose. Implant profile will also make a difference on the projection, which will influence overall breast/cup size. I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you of results. Sizers are helpful during an in-office consultation. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width. This is the most important determinant for the sizing of implants, which will provide the optimal result and most aesthetically-pleasing result for you.

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast procedures who will examine and discuss with you the various options and factors to consider and help you decide which one will be the right one for you. Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD