Breast Implants Without Going Up in Size?

My current size is 36D. I'm unhappy with the moderate amount of sagging and loss of firmness. My question is, can I get small breast implants instead of a lift to increase fullness and lift the breast without going up in cup size? I would like to avoid the scarring from a breast lift.

Hi !

Briefly, yes it is possible. The answer to this question is quite simple: yes, you absolutely can. This procedure is breast lift surgery and it  is a popular procedure intended to elevate and contour the breasts for a rejuvenated appearance. During the operation, excess skin can be removed, the nipples can be repositioned, and breast tissue can be reshaped to help restore a more youthful and natural-looking results. Breast lift (also know as mastopexy) can correct breast sagging and eliminate excess skin with a small implant and at the end of this procedure you will have the same size as before. 

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Better For You

It is possible to make your breasts appear fuller with breast implants, however because of your size, a breast lift would be better suited to achieve your goals. A better evaluation can be obtained by consulting in person with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Lift vs Breast Augmentation vs both

With time breasts loose their superior pole fullness and also sag. Unfortunately for most both an implant or in some cases a fat transfer ("California breast lift") to replace the upper pole of the breast fullness as well as a lift is needed for optimal results and the happiest patients.

Breast implants for a lift

The majority of patients that desire more fullness because their breasts sag a bit, really need a lift.  An implant usually does not do the trick.

VIDEO (Click HERE) Breast Implants Without Going Up in Size

I do not think you would be happy with the implants alone but you may benefit from the use of fat grafting.

I would not recommend breast implants without going larger

Breast implant placement alone does not lift anything. Saggy breasts treated with implants alone become larger droopy breasts in little time. Look into a good breast lift.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Not likely

Unfortunately, onec can't pick and choose on this.

The breast implants will give a moderate lift, but if the nipple is below where the underwire is, you will get a double effect- the implant profile, and the breast tissue flagging off of the implant.

Also, you need to use an appropriate sized implant to get a good result, and with a 36" chest, you will need a larger size implant.

The scars usually fade and look quite nice when healed.

Breast implants.

1) Don't do it! You will regret it, i promise you. Implants have no role for you. I have been there. Small implants wil do nothing, and since you are already a D cup, large implants will create a deformity.

2) In New York City, I must see a woman with your situation about once a month. If I cannot convince the patient to have a good internal breast lift with a lollipop scar, I turn her away.

3) And sometimes they come back months later, miserable, having had implants elsewhere, telling me how right I was, and asking for a lift (which is now much harder).

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast implants will always add breast volume

Breast implants will always add breast volume. Sometimes volume can be used to achieve a pseudo-lift. That's when a breast implant is used to fill loose skin, usually after pregnancy or weight loss. It works well when the nipple-areolar complex is above the inframammary fold (the crease below the breast).

A breast lift is needed when the breast volume is sufficient but there is an excess of skin with a low nipple position. There are several options for addressing the excess skin. Generally speaking, the bigger the lift, the more scarring and the smaller the lift, the less scarring. The scars can range from the "anchor scar", which has a scar around the nipple, a vertical scar and a horizontal scar to the "periareolar scar", which is a scar only around the nipple-areola.

An exam and full discussion is always needed to understand the options and which procedure may be best for you.

Chester K. Cheng, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Implant without increasing size

The simple answer to your question is “NO.” It is impossible to use any implant without increasing the breast size by the size of the implant. Also, it usually requires a relatively large implant to really fill the breast skin envelope in order to obtain any real lift. If you want a lift without an increase in size, you will have toe accept the scars, as there are no other methods available. Breast Lift scars, if done well, can disappear and do quite well.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon