How Long Does Brazilian Butt Lift Results Last?

I am wondering if the fat put into the butt surgically could melt away with time. Since I'm considering that procedure I want to know how long does it last.

With Good Technique, Brazilian Butt Lift results should be permanent!

Hi there-

As long as it is done by an experienced BBL surgeon, your outcome should be permanent.

Once the fatty tissue "takes", meaning that it has re-established a blood supply, there should be no reason it would "melt away"...

Having said that, if you were to lose a major amount of weight, your buttocks will get smaller (just as the rest of you would), but the SHAPE of your butt and its relationship to your other body contours should be maintained.

These are prime reasons why our BBL patients are so very happy.

Please see my BBL before and afters here on RealSelf for confirmation.

How Long Does the BBL Last?

A Brazilian Butt Lift is designed to lift, recontour, and volumize flat or sagging buttocks to create a more youthful and shapely body profile. The procedure involves the removal of fat from around the buttocks (lower back, stomach, and upper thighs) in order to achieve more prominence and definition when the fat reinjected into the buttocks. To achieve the longest lasting results, I purify the extracted fat via centrifugation and use only the purest of the harvested fat for reinjection. In small amounts, the transferred fat is injected at differing depths in various areas of the buttocks to achieve the highest possible permanent absorption rate. That fat will remain in place forever; however, your enhanced buttocks – like the rest of your body – will continue to be subject to the natural aging process.

Hal Michael Bass, MD

Dear Sandra, when fat gets transferred from one area to another it will not become vascularised for it to survive. When this process happens, the fat starts to behave as if it was born there. That is it will grow or decrease according to the changes that take place in you weight over the years. We know this from the few cases where fat gets injected into the face of a lean patient and then when they gain weight they would look like a hamster due to the amount of fat deposition that occurs in the cells that were transferred to their face. Saying this, whatever fat survives the ischemia period and gets vacularized would live there for ever and would only change if your weight gets altered.

Shady Hayek, M.D.
Beirut, Lebanon

Shady Hayek, MD
Lebanon Plastic Surgeon

How long does a Brazilian Butt Lift Results

After a Brazilian Butt Lift procedure, your buttock will be quiet swollen from the fat transfer and fluid retention. During the first three months, you will notice the swelling subside as the fluid is reabsorbed and some of the fat droplets are also reabsorbed. I typically like to see the buttocks slightly larger (post op) than what the patient wanted to account for the fat and fluid reabsorption. After three months, the final shape and size of your buttock should be permaenent.

Hello -

My best advice to you would be to set up an in person consultation with an accredited, board certified surgeon. Find a surgeon who has had results you find incredible, and someone who has vast experience in this field.
Now, initially you will experience a period where some fat cells are lost, but there is a line of demarcation, or sorts, in the 4-6 week post-surgery timeframe when all cells that have survived will remain.

BBL results should be permanent

When done correctly, a BBL should give your permanent results. You will lose some of the fat initially, but whatever remains at 3 months after surgery, should be with you forever. Large changes in weight or pregnancy will have an effect though on your result, so it is important to follow healthy lifestyle. Choose a surgeon who has done hundreds and can show you long term results....not just pictures of their patients in the operating room or at teh first post-op visit!

First of all I must say that your post-operative period will have a great influence on the result, it is critically important to behave in accordance with your doctor's restrictions.

The duration depends on the patient and the type of fat obtained. In most cases is lost about 30% the placed volume, so we usually placed above the target. Besides that the result depends on the technique used.
In any case the results obtained after 3 months can be considered permanent, if you held stable your weight.

I hope this was helpful, good luck..

Ercan Karacaoglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

How Long Does Brazilian Butt Lift Results Last? #buttocks #longevity of brazilian butt lift

Thank you for your question.  To review the process of a BBL, fat is taken from regions of the body where there is excess fat and then transferred to the buttock.  The methods physicians use for this to happen depends on the doctor.  Once the fat is cleansed, typically with an antibiotic solution in my practice, it gets injected .  Once fat gets injected into the buttock, a certain amount of this will not survive.  There is an ideal amount of fat that can be transferred and this is different for each person.  When the ideal amount transferred is reached, the fat graft take decreases over time.  Whatever fat does remain and live will be there forever

Permanent Results for Buttock Augmentation

As long as the patient heeds the instructions after surgery to maintain their new body, the results should be permanent.  Patient's should always remember that it is fat and with excessive dieting and exercise your results may not last.  In order to ensure your results are forever, be prepared to maintain weight rather than lose.

How Long Do Brazilian Buttlift Results Last?

The Brazilian buttlift results that are obtained after 3 months are permanent if the body weight and body fat percentage are held stable.  This is dependent upon the amount of fat transferred, the way in which the procedure is performed, and the way the patient is managed in the postoperative period.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Brazilian buttlift Los Angeles, CA