Does hydrocortisone cream 1% affect transplanted hairs?

Hello, I am about 2 months post op. I had some redness , I was told to use some Hydrocortisone cream 1%, twice a day for 6 days and once a day for 6 days. I did this. My question is. Does Hydrocortisone cream 1% affect the new transplanted hairs in any way at all? Does it make the hairs die or fall our or stop growing? My doctors said it would not, and the pharmacist said it would not. But I want to get another opinion a detailed proven opinion.

Used in this way, it should not have any negative effects on the growth of your hair.​

A mild hydrocortisone cream used for a limited amount of time is an acceptable treatment for scalp redness. Used in this way, it should not have any negative effects on the growth of your hair, and there is no existing proof that it does.

West Hollywood Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hydrocortisone Cream

For only 12 days of use and so far past your transplant date, I doubt it would have any effects upon your transplanted hair. If your doctor and pharmacist both told you it would be fine I'm not sure what I could say that would be move convincing.

Sean Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

Does hydrocortisone cream 1% affect transplanted hairs? The answer to this questions is that at 2 months topical hydrocortisone will not affect hairs if used for 12 days.

Jeff Donovan, MD, PhD
Vancouver Dermatologist

Use a cream with minimal chemicals

I don't think it will affect you this far out from FUE transplant, but I would try to find a HCT cream with minimal chemicals/preservatives so as not to bath the new follicles in toxins.  I would also only use for a short period of time as you did.  Best of luck,  Dr. Giordano

Stephen Giordano, DO
Huntersville Physician