Please I need help in knowing what is best for me to do to help with my neck. Any suggestions?

I am not only concern of the neck but also the jowl line, mid to upper face is fine, all but my complexion has become rough in texture and rosacea outbreaks all the time. I also have fine spider veins across my chest, I was a sun worshipper, and used tanning beds for twenty years. I would also like help with that. Thank you.

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a necklift.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Your neck rejuvenation options

Thanks for sharing. Here is a list of current neck and lower face rejuvenation treatments:
  1. Neck lift combined with a Lower Facelift would be the gold standard and gets the best overall results in the jowls and neck and indicated in middle age and older patients
  2. Neck lift alone which involves lifting and removing loose skin would be the next best procedure
  3. Neck Liposuction and/or Laser Lipolysis if only fat removal is required, typically in a younger patient. (A platysmaplasty can be added for further muscle tightening if needed)
  4. Ultherapy is an FDA approved non invasive tightening using ultrasound technology
  5. Kybella is a new FDA approved series of injections that melts fat under the chin
  6. Cool Sculpting is FDA approved energy device to removed fat from under the chin as well. 
  7. Botox to the platysma bands to decrease their activity and show
It is important the a Neck lift involves some liposuction and importantly a platysmaplasty which is a procedure that tightens the underlying loose neck muscles.  From your photo, surgical options 1 and 2 would serve you best in my opinion.  Consult with several board certified faciall plastic / plastic surgeons experienced in face and neck rejuvenation to discuss your options

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Neck lift

Thank you for your question. A chemical peel can provide you some relief for the fine wrinkles. A laser-assisted weekend necklift can restore a more youthful look to the neck and jaw line. It leverages the efficiency of the laser combined with hidden incisions and finalized with rejuvenation technology. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

face and neck lift candidate

From the one limited photograph, it appears that there is excess and loose skin, and fatty deposits in the neck for which a lower face and neck lift is required to improve. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Best Approach for Treatment for My Aging Neck and Jowls

The answer depends on the severity of your jowling. If you have large jowls more than just a neck lift will be necessary to do more than just a neck lift. A full set of pictures, as described on my website for facial evaluation, would help me answer your question.

Thank you for your question and photographs.  It appears that you are a good candidate for a necklift based on the photo but your description of your gel line leads me to think that you should also be considering the possibility of a facelift to elevate your jowls and cheeks.  This would also enhance the quality of result from your necklift surgery but could be done years later if you prefer.
Meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon to be examined in a face-to-face setting and review your options.  Good luck and best wishes.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Thanks for your question. While it is impossible to give great advice from just one photograph, I would say that on first glance you are likely an excellent candidate for Ultherapy. The treatment for the chest and neck would remedy a lot of the concerns of spider veins and skin texture. You would also likely get a subtle neck lift in the area. When combined with HA fillers, you can achieve amazing results in terms of the neck line. Hope this helps. 

Julian W. Dixon, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck skin

For the superficial veins perhaps seeing a dermatologist for a noninvasive treatment would be helpful..  from the photo can't quite see the jowl line in terms of evaluating for a necklift..