I'm self conscious about how severely my neck slopes into my chin - how can I fix it?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 4
- Surgical Neck lift* with a Lower Facelift would be the gold standard and gets the best overall results in the jowls and neck and indicated in middle age and older patients
- Surgical Neck lift* which involves lifting and removing loose skin would be the next best procedure
- Neck Liposuction and/or Laser Lipolysis if only fat removal is required, typically in a younger patient. (A platysmaplasty can be added for further muscle tightening if needed)
- Ultherapy is an FDA approved non invasive tightening using ultrasound technology
- Kybella is a new FDA approved series of injections that melts fat under the chin
- Cool Sculpting is FDA approved energy device to removed fat from under the chin as well.
- Botox to the platysma bands to decrease their activity and show
Neck shape and slope
For better, for worse, much of your neck shape and "slope" can be attributed to genetics. The overall shape and structure of your neck is determined by a few things: your jawline and chin, the height and position of your voicebox, overall length of your neck, and your tendency to hold fat and skin under your chin. You can thank your family for the majority of these anatomical factors! The ability for surgery or other treatment to improve your neck contour should be determined during an in-person consultation with a surgeon who specializes in facial plastic surgery. A full exam is necessary to fully evaluate your neck and adjacent structures.Having said that, most surgeons would not advocate a neck lift procedure in someone your age. In general, it would be unnecessary and unlikely to give you the result you are looking for. Other procedures exist, however, that may improve your neck contour, including Kybella, submental liposuction, and submentoplasty. Again, the best treatment for you can be determined in a consultation. Best of luck!
You might also like...
For most patients with naturally full necks,the problem area is deep in the neck below the skin and platysma muscle. There is a deep fat pad centrally and large salivary glands on either side of this fat pad and sometimes even bulky muscles deeper in the neck. Through a short scar under the chin, we can get access to this area and debulk these tissues to create a much sharper angle to the neckline. For young patients, this does not require any scars around the ears or any skin removal.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.