I am 2 months post op for neck lift with lipo. My neck is still very ripply (bands), swollen and tight. (Photo)

Do you think my neck will ever look normal? I am so uncomfortable. My neck is so tight snd can barely look up. My PS just keeps saying be patient. I have had five lymphatic drainage massages..

Tightness after a neck lift

Tightness after a neck lift will be present for about 1 week and slowly resolve. Superficial scar could be present for 2 to 3 months. The tightness is likely from the liposuction scar tissue and will improve with time. Lymphatic massage on the neck can help though 5 over the course of 2 months would be ineffective and make sure it is someone experienced with post surgical procedures.

Neck Lift

Thank you for your question. At the 2 months post op mark, you should be able to have flexibility and movement in your neck, however, the healing process is different for each person as each person is unique. I suggest that you continue with your massages and stay in touch with your board certified facial plastic surgeon. Time is your friend in the healing process and you should be remedied of this tightness by the 3-6 month post op mark.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Skin and Platysmal Bands -- Neck Lift, VASER Hi Def Lipo/ThermiRF, Venus Legacy/Thermage/Ultherapy, Botox/Dysport, Kybella

AFter neck lift RF treatments are essential to improve the texture of the skin and help the banding. Massage is great and adding botox may help.  If this doesn't resolve in 3-6 moths then consider resurfacing procedures or speaking to your physician about revision procedures.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Neck is tight after facelift

Many patients guard  their necks after facelifts which can cause stiffness and tightness. At 2 months post op, you should be able to move your neck in all directions comfortably. I would continue warm compresses, stretches, and massage. If the tightness persists, you may benefit from physical therapy. Don't be discouraged, it gets better with time. Good luck!

Arnold Almonte, DO
Roseville Plastic Surgeon