BodyTite vs Vaser for Skin tightening and Fat removal

Which is more successful for skin tightening and fate removal? Vaser or Bodytite?? Thanks Sophiex

Bodytite vs vaser for shin tightening

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The Vaser lipo technique is an ultrasound lipo that came out in about 1997 and was suppose to tighten the skin. Vaser is a second generation machine and I have not used it myself but the original ultrasound lipo machines did not do what they were suppose to do.

Bodytite is a new technique that uses heat to cause contraction of the fibrous septi and heat to cause the skin to contract in a controled way. Where laser and vaser did not monitor the heat and skin temp the Bodytite device does so I believe it is safer and does cause skin tightening much more than regular liposuction.

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

BodyTite versus Vaser for Skin Tightening

Hi and thanks for the question.  I actually prefer to utilize both techniques at the same time to get optimal results, in the appropriate patient population.  In our practice, Vaser-assisted lipoplasty is the standard for all lipoplasty procedures. It does have a secondary effect of tightening soft tissue at the subcutaneous level, and it can be utilized to create superficial skin tightening in strategic areas, as when performed for the purposes of high-definition lipoplasty.  The BodyTite allows for more diffuse tightening at the level of the skin, hence serving to complement the effects of the Vaser.

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Bodytite vs Vaser

Bodytite with associated liposuction is better at tightening the skin period!   Vaser is a very nice machine for dense fibrous tissue like a difficult gynecomastia or male love handle but gets very little skin tightening.

Thomas W. Loeb, MD

BodyTite vs Vaser

BodyTite is more effective. No device other than BodyTite has ever shown 38% - 40% skin contracture.

Ernest Layton, MD

Strongly advise you against energy-assisted liposuctions

It is already 20 years of the attempts to associate energy to the traditional liposuction technique, and nothing has changed so far... traditional tumescent liposuction has no rival, unparalleled, and any attempts to improve it have failed, leat to disastrous complications or, in the best case, provided exactly the same result at a significatively higher cost.

Any energy inserted inside your body poses a terribly high risk of major and commonly irreparaible complications:

-over corrections and hollow depressions

-chronic neuritis and pain

-venous skeletonization and visibility

-fat necrosis leding to calcified and fibrotic masses or pseudocysts (Morel - Lavalle cyst)

-skin necrosis and scarring

There is no point to risk patient safety when, in the best case scenario, you'll get exactly the same fat removal and skin contraction than with tumescent traditional liposuction, needless to say the price is a rip off.

Regarding blood loss it is true energy assisted liposuctions do allow reduction in blood loss, but... this is not a problem in well chosen and indicated liposuctions, of moderate amounts (up to 5 litres, average 2-3)... if you pretend to extract 12 litres of fat from a patient then you have a serious problem (as surgeon) understanding liposuction IS NOT the treatment of obesity. Additionally, that blood loss reduction is thanks to the thrombotic and coagulating effect of the energy on the tissues, which commonly leads to fat necrosis, nerve ischemia and neuritis or even skin necrosis, so beware, a serious warning. The fact something is approved for use does not equal to safety or bringing benefits.

Another advantage of energy assisted liposuction is the work is easier for the surgeon... like digging a red hot knife into a butter block... less physical effort... but sorry, this is an unacceptable justification.

All the former with the highest respects to my colleagues who purchased the machines for energy assisted liposuction, take part in scientific events sponsored by manufactures and perform on their patients what they believe to be the best for them.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Vaser vs. Bodytite

The two technologies are very different.  Vaser is better at removing fat, and Bodytite is better at tightening skin.  You will get some skin tightening with Vaser and fat can be removed by traditional lipo after bodytite is used.  The indication for each is different.  If you are looking for body sculpting for definition or large volume liposuction, Vaser is better.  If you are looking for maximum skin tightening or trying to avoid loose skin resection, then Bodytite is better.

Leif Rogers, MD, FACS

Laser lipo

In my opinion, neither really is any better than traditional liposuction.  The studies simply are not there to back up the claims.  Of course, many people who own these costly lasers will beg to differ. Your skin's ability to tighten is determined by your age and genetics, not a laser.   I would save my money and go with traditiona lipo.

Samer W. Cabbabe, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Tightening lasers vs vaser

Skin tightening lasers and vaser liposuction both induce some heat to tighten the skin.  Vaser combines this with liposuction.  I have not beedn overly impressed with eithers ability to tighten the skin too much.