What is BodyTite Lipo?

I've been hearing about Bodytite -- some new kind of lipo? What is it? Is it safe? Does it work?

BodyTite and FaceTite

The BodyTite and FaceTite devices you may have heard about refer to a relatively new radiofrequency technology that is out to help destroy fat and provide skin tightening at the same time.  Patients may opt for light sedation in most cases as the skin is numbed prior to using it.  The hand pieces used have an internal and external probe that warm up the skin and fat.  They are felt to be the most full proof in the market as we have the ability to monitor the outside and inside temperature continuously on a monitor right next to us while the device is on.  The devices can be used to help with skin tightening during various procedures but are found to complement liposuction very nicely.  It is satisfying for us to see the skin contract even while the patient is still in the operating room.  This is especially obvious in the neck area!  Recovery is typically quick and you may experience less bruising than with traditional liposuction.  If you are interested, please see a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in the use of the devices.  Thanks for your question!

BodyTite and FaceTite

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

BodyTite Lipo

Hi. Great question!  BodyTite Lipo is a way to use liposuction to remove fat while at the same time, using radiofrequency energy to tighten skin from the inside and outside!  It can be used in almost any location where you desire fat reduction and/or skin tightening.  And all with tiny incisions! When done by trained plastic surgeons, it is very safe and effective!  Anyone who would consider lipo should also consider this added benefit!  Best of luck!

BodyTite Lipo

BodyTite and FaceTite - Dallas

The BodyTite and FaceTite technology has recently been FDA-cleared, and my early experience with it has shown the results to be quite impressive. Both work to contour and sculpt areas of the face and body by destroying excess fat, but the biggest benefit is the significant amount of skin contraction or tightening that can occur. Furthermore, this tightening effect happens immediately and continues as the healing progresses. It's been available for a number of years in Europe and Canada, and is now becoming more popular in the U.S. The procedure can safely be performed much like other body contouring procedures, but the person performing it should have the proper training and experience, along with the requisite credentials, to ensure that the highest standards are met. 

BodyTite and FaceTite - Dallas

BodyTite Lipo Beverly Hills

Hi and thanks for the question.  #BodyTite is an Invasix device which utilities #RFAL ( radio-frequency assisted lipolysis ) to produce 3-dimensional dermal and sub-dermal contraction.  Heat, in the form of radio-frequency, is introduced into the tissue of interest in a minimally invasive manner, leaving near-undetectable scars. Following treatment, significant skin contraction is possible, whose efficacy approaches, but is not as formidable as more invasive treatments such as abdominoplasty and brachioplasty procedures.  Definitive results are seen within a few months time. The procedure, along with its counter-part, #FaceTite, offers a non-surgical ( no scalpel required ) alternative to more invasive procedures for significant soft-tissue laxity.  An example of a good patient for a BodyTite treatment:  A patient with modest abdominal soft-tissue laxity associated with adiposity who isn't an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck or who simply is not interested in a tummy tuck scar.  Additionally, the BodyTite modality allows for the management of difficult treatment areas, such as skin laxity above the knee region, which historically has had very few treatment options with noticeable and acceptable results. In my practice, I have found that the best results are seen when BodyTite is combined with #Vaser - assisted lipoplasty, providing a comprehensive approach to lipolysis and soft-tissue contraction. 

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS  

BodyTite Lipo Beverly Hills

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS  

BodyTite Lipo

BodyTite has been around for several years as noted by the answers provided in 2010 by plastic and dermatologic surgeons listed below.  It is FDA cleared and registered for sale in the US, Canada, Europe, Australia, and parts of Asia. Computer controlled, BodyTite is safe with regards to the risk of burning as the energy delivered from the liposuction cannula tip is turned off by the computer when the optimal temperature is reached.   Melting and removal of the fat by the canunula provide durable long term results without scarring, long down time, and invasive surgery. Recommend that you schedule an in-office consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your questions and candidacy for BodyTite.

Kenneth B. Hughes, MD, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

BodyTite Lipo

BodyTite liposuction

BodyTite is a new form of energy-assisted liposuction using computer-controlled application of radiofrequency energy. This energy is delivered from the liposuction cannula tip, causing simultaneous melting and removal of fat, but also controlled heating of the skin. This heating is responsible for one of the main advantages of BodyTite - the potential for improved skin-tightening.

BodyTite uses both internal and external (skin surface) temperature sensors to minimize the risk of burns; the energy is instantly turned off by the computer when the desired temperature is attained. This sort of closed-loop power delivery is not available with any other type of energy-assisted liposuction.

BodyTite has been approved in Canada since last summer but FDA approval is still pending in the US, likely to come-through by early summer 2010. True, this technology is very new and I suggest you do some additional research and consider a consultation with a surgeon experienced with BodyTite as well as other forms of liposuction. As a surgeon who offers this technology my opinion is biased, but you could start with information on my website and the BodyTite website.

BodyTite liposuction

Avoid liposuction with catchy names.

Hi.

Tumescent liposuction has a long record of safety and good results. I recommend avoiding operations with trademarks or catchy names, since you are now dealing with marketing and not science.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Avoid liposuction with catchy names.

Hi.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Bodytite liposuction

Bodytite liposuction refers to a radiofrequency energy delivered to the fat prior to liposuction aspiration (removal). This is similar to but a different energy used compared to laser-assisted liposuction. It is relatively new and long term studies and comparative studies are not available yet.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Bodytite liposuction

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Bodytite liposuction

This is a new approach to an old idea. It is the use of external radio frequency energy (delivered in watts) to the fats. Also the heating of the dermis causes skin tightening to a degree. Very similar to Smart Lipo. The company believes in local anesthesia primarily. There are many tools in use. This one is new and I bet the complications are around the corner - burns of the skin. It is not as controllable as the fiberoptic of Smart Lipo. Go compare and than you can decide upon the better technology and use.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Bodytite liposuction

From MIAMI Dr. B