What is BodyTite Lipo?

I've been hearing about Bodytite -- some new kind of lipo? What is it? Is it safe? Does it work?

BodyTite and FaceTite

The BodyTite and FaceTite devices you may have heard about refer to a relatively new radiofrequency technology that is out to help destroy fat and provide skin tightening at the same time.  Patients may opt for light sedation in most cases as the skin is numbed prior to using it.  The hand pieces used have an internal and external probe that warm up the skin and fat.  They are felt to be the most full proof in the market as we have the ability to monitor the outside and inside temperature continuously on a monitor right next to us while the device is on.  The devices can be used to help with skin tightening during various procedures but are found to complement liposuction very nicely.  It is satisfying for us to see the skin contract even while the patient is still in the operating room.  This is especially obvious in the neck area!  Recovery is typically quick and you may experience less bruising than with traditional liposuction.  If you are interested, please see a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in the use of the devices.  Thanks for your question!

BodyTite Lipo

BodyTite has been around for several years as noted by the answers provided in 2010 by plastic and dermatologic surgeons listed below.  It is FDA cleared and registered for sale in the US, Canada, Europe, Australia, and parts of Asia. Computer controlled, BodyTite is safe with regards to the risk of burning as the energy delivered from the liposuction cannula tip is turned off by the computer when the optimal temperature is reached.   Melting and removal of the fat by the canunula provide durable long term results without scarring, long down time, and invasive surgery. Recommend that you schedule an in-office consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your questions and candidacy for BodyTite.

Kenneth B. Hughes, MD, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

BodyTite liposuction

BodyTite is a new form of energy-assisted liposuction using computer-controlled application of radiofrequency energy. This energy is delivered from the liposuction cannula tip, causing simultaneous melting and removal of fat, but also controlled heating of the skin. This heating is responsible for one of the main advantages of BodyTite - the potential for improved skin-tightening.

BodyTite uses both internal and external (skin surface) temperature sensors to minimize the risk of burns; the energy is instantly turned off by the computer when the desired temperature is attained. This sort of closed-loop power delivery is not available with any other type of energy-assisted liposuction.

BodyTite has been approved in Canada since last summer but FDA approval is still pending in the US, likely to come-through by early summer 2010. True, this technology is very new and I suggest you do some additional research and consider a consultation with a surgeon experienced with BodyTite as well as other forms of liposuction. As a surgeon who offers this technology my opinion is biased, but you could start with information on my website and the BodyTite website.

Peter Bray, MD

Avoid liposuction with catchy names.

Hi.

Tumescent liposuction has a long record of safety and good results. I recommend avoiding operations with trademarks or catchy names, since you are now dealing with marketing and not science.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Bodytite liposuction

Bodytite liposuction refers to a radiofrequency energy delivered to the fat prior to liposuction aspiration (removal). This is similar to but a different energy used compared to laser-assisted liposuction. It is relatively new and long term studies and comparative studies are not available yet.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Bodytite liposuction

This is a new approach to an old idea. It is the use of external radio frequency energy (delivered in watts) to the fats. Also the heating of the dermis causes skin tightening to a degree. Very similar to Smart Lipo. The company believes in local anesthesia primarily. There are many tools in use. This one is new and I bet the complications are around the corner - burns of the skin. It is not as controllable as the fiberoptic of Smart Lipo. Go compare and than you can decide upon the better technology and use.

From MIAMI Dr. B