I want my old nose back! Is it possible with revision rhinoplasty? (Photos)

I recently had a rhinoplasty to fix a twisted looking septum and reduce columella visibility a touch. The result was much more than I wanted. The columella was reduced significantly, the tip was made pointy, and the tip was derotated a lot. My profile view looks ok now, but my front view looks horrible. How close can I get to looking like my original self with a revision?

I want my old nose back! Is it possible with revision rhinoplasty?

Hello hangininthere - Thanks for your question. In my personal opinion, your "after" nose looks really nice. That being said, you don't like it and that's what matters.  You would need to wait a year after your surgery to be able to have revision rhinoplasty.  Revision rhinoplasty will help return you to a semblance of your old nose, but unfortunately your old nose is not going to be reliably reproducible for many different reasons. It is possible to use cartilage grafting techniques to recreate a more bowed columella and boxy tip. Alterations in the shape of the lower lateral cartilages can be performed to give them the more notched appearance in your before pics. In the end, these maneuvers would be approximations at best.  Consult with a revision rhinoplasty expert before having corrective surgery. I would be happy to discuss this further by Skype/Facetime if you wish.  Good luck, Dr. Shah

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Getting my old nose back?

you don't say how long it's been since your surgery. It takes one year for the nose to settle. By nine months you should tell if it has changed to your satisfaction and then consult several experienced rhinoplasty revision surgeon  if still dissatisfied. 

Revision rhinoplasty

Your nose as is can be improved.  Exactly how much depends on several factors.  How long has it been since your surgery?  Also, an in-office exam is required to accurately assess the chances for success.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD