Polly beak 1 year after rhino septo? (Photos)

Hello, it has been a year after my rhino septo and I still have this pollybeack formed at the tip of my nose . should I consider steroid injections ? Will it work after 1-2 years? (Ill maybe do it next summer). Do you have someone you recommand in montreal? Ps: I cant see my original sutgeon because i did my surgery in lebanon and i live in montreal. Thank you!

Polly Beak Deformity

Polly beak deformity is one of the most common complications that can result from rhinoplasty surgery. Steroid injections are less effective the further you get from the original date of your surgery. You may consider a revision rhinoplasty at some point to correct the polly beak deformity which could include removing and/or adding cartilage to various parts of your nose in order to restore balance and a more aesthetically pleasing profile.

Polybeak deformity

Hi, I'm not convinced steroid injection will help you. Addressing the anterior septal angle, the mid-third depression/over-resection and your high radix will give you a more aesthetic nose. This involves revision surgery I'm afraid, no role for steroids here.

Raj Bhalla, FRCS, MD
Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty for polybeak deformity and high radix.

Revision rhinoplasty for polybeak deformity and high radix. This will give you a more attractive nose if done by a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses.  Steroids will not do much at this point snd could make it worse. The cartilage about the tip is probably too high.

Steroid shots after a rhinoplasty procedure for polybeak

The steroid shots work better in the first few months after  A rhinoplasty procedure. Steroid shots work by reducing swelling in the  supra tip area of the nose. 

Polly Beak (or Polly Tip) Deformity

Depending on the source for the Polly Beak, steroid injections can help.  I would search for an expert revision rhinoplasty surgeon with years of experience.  And please remember to use your sunscreen on your nose, as the sun's rays can contribute (and even cause) the problem.

Polly beak after surgery

Hello.  Polly beak deformity can be a result of scar tissue formation, unresected anterior septal cartilage (the part at the very front top of your septum) , or loss of rotation.  There are treatment options for all of these, but the best way to determine is to see your surgeon for a good in office exam to determine the cause of your deformity.  Take care.

Kenneth Yu, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pollybeak Deformity after 1 year Rhinoplasty

Thanks for your question. Sometimes soft tissue polybeak issues which result from scar tissue or fibrous tissue will respond to Kenlog injections, even after one year or more from surgery. If this fullness in your supratip dorsum is from another reason, i.e. Tip Cartilage fullness, Cartilage grafts etc, then steroid injections will offer no significant improvement and you will likely need surgery. Consult with an experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon with expertise in revision rhinoplasty for an opinion. The AAFPRS website may help you locate a specialist in your area. Best of luck. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon