I had fat transfer to lips and cheeks 4 days ago; did it succeed?

Im only 20 and i had fat transfer for permenant lip and cheek augmentation (i have really thin lips and face But almost half of the volume in my lips are gone and that's just 4 days after the procedure.....does it mean that the procedure didnt succeed? Will i keep losing volume for 3 months???

Fat Transfer Results, Are They Permanent?

After 6-12 weeks if the fat is there, it stays forever in my experience unless you have extreme weight loss -- then you can lose fat everywhere. I suggest you see an expert and do sculptra/PRP to get long term improvement and maintenance of the fat. PRP and purgraft give the best outcome and viability. Best, Dr. Emer

Fat grafting on lips

Hello,  thank you for your question.  After doing fat grafting we always expect that a percentage of the fat will reabsorb.   For that matter we usually put more fat than what we want as a final result expecting this to happen. Have a good day.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD