After 2nd Microneedling treatment the professional applied a tinted lotion/makeup after serums. Was this okay to do? (photos)

I haven't had any odd reaction but wonder if it was okay to do since all microneedling literature says absolutely no makeup should be used immediately after treatment. The spa professional is licensed and has over 5 years experience.

Microneedling and Makeup

Thanks for your question!  My preference is to to wait until the following day to apply makeup after microneedling.  This of course varies though with the depth that I treat patients at.  I would ask your practitioner what he/she used and what his/her particular preferences are.  Best of luck!

#Microneedling

Hello materodri,

We like to let the skin heal before applying makeup or a tinted moisturizer to the skin. Usually on the second day you can apply makeup if needed. You can always ask the provider exactly what she applied to the skin and at your next visit decline the tinted product. Hope this helps.

Makeup after microneedling

Thank you for your question.  We do not recommend any makeup for at least 4 hours after the procedure.   Perhaps your treatment was fairly shallow and thus your practitioner wasn't as concerned with makeup deep in the dermis.  Best of luck!

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon