How Bad Are the Scars After Butt Augmentation? Where They Transfer Fat from Other Places in Your Body to Your Butt?

Any area can be liposuctioned.   I typically liposuction the upper and lower abdomen, the flanks, and the upper and lower back and transfer the fat to the buttocks through 3 small incisions.  Some surgeons make many more than 3 incisions.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Scars after buttock augmentation

As far as fat transfer to augment the buttocks, the only very short ~4mm in length scars are from harvesting the fat via liposuction from various areas of the body.  For buttock implants, the scar is about 6-7 cms long and typically concealed within the buttock crease over the tailbone.  Glad to help... 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Buttock Augmentation scars

Buttock augmentation with fat transfer, also called Brazilian Butt Lift, involves liposuctioning fat from one area of your body and transferring it to the buttock region.  Usually, the lower back, waist, 'love handles', abdomen, thighs, and upper back are the areas that are liposuctioned. The liposuction and fat injection incisions are small (about 1 cm), so the resulting scars will also be small. And the scars tend to be well hidden.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!