What's the Difference Between Placing Fat in Lateral Butt Opposed to on the Hips?

Is there a different look? Which one gives a more natural look? Will 1100 ccs give a dramatic noticible difference to butt/hips?

Fat transfer to hips vs lateral butt

This is a very good question because, although not anatomically the same area, the "hip" and "lateral (outer) buttock" terms are frequently used interchangeably.  Technically the lateral buttock region is the outer/side and frequently indented/depressed area of the buttock.  Whereas, the hip region is technically lower down on to the thigh at about the level of the lower buttock fold/crease.  It is where there is a bony prominence called the greater trochanter (of the large femur bone).  Glad to help... 

I really let the patient decide on how the fat should be distributed.  I typically transfer at least 1200 cc per buttock and 300 cc per hip in most patients, but this can be adjusted to the patient.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA